[VM 4.0.6] - Pagination bug in VM router & quick fix

Started by Wedal, July 08, 2022, 12:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiro789

Hi, the link you show me can not be changed in joomla.
And don't mean the home page, I mean the category pages.
Look here for example:
https://joomla4.baron.bg/%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BA%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F.html

Regards!

hazael

Haha. Yes! Of course you can change it in joomla!!!  ;D
Anyone can do it - you don't need to be a PhD in programming.
Sorry... Does a modern computer scientist always have to be led by the hand? ;)

In your browser, in the source code edition of this locked field, remove the "readonly" attribute.
After the change, add &=limitstart=0 at the end and save this item in the menu. That's all  8)

P.S.
My trivial solution also eliminates the problem of categories on the home page, which is why I also wrote about it

kiro789

Hi, When I remove the  "readonly" attribute in the browser, I am able to edit the link, but when I save it just do not add the &=limitstart=0 at the end.

Regards!

Jörgen

After the change, add &=limitstart=0 at the end and save this item in the menu. That's all  8)

I may understand this wrong, but I think Hazael said you should add it , notice that Hazaels post had a typo, should be:  &limitstart=0

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

kiro789

I add this in the link &=limitstart=0
But when I save it returns the
index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=126&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0&clearCart=0

and not

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=126&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=0&clearCart=0&=limitstart=0

hazael

you are typing wrong: &=limitstart=0
It should be added: &limitstart=0

Don't add it in the HTML editor.
After removing the "readonly" attribute, the form field will be unlocked - enter this value at the end in field name: "Link". Finally, press the "save" button.
This works 100% in the Edge browser. I not tested it with other browsers

Jörgen

Hello Hazael

I copied your post and did not notice that you had spelled this wrong, have edited my former post now.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

kiro789

Hello,
Thank you very much!!  :)
Works 100% in the Edge browser, but in Chrome didn't works.

Regards!

Jörgen

Nice to hear that you got it working.

Marked topic as solved.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Milbo

Guys, can you imagine that? Any new bigger joomla release, we have this trouble with the 0.

I think the solution is in the xml of the view. Maybe we must add the limitstart to the fieldset Request? Then we set it hidden and to 0.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hazael

The category displays random pagination results - compare attachment A and B.
And this is not Joomla 4 - it's version 3

After opening the category, the same pagination shows 2 different results. You can't go back to the homepage with the first click, but you can with the second. When I add to the main menu Limitsart=0 in category URL this problem disappears.
Virtuemart is the only component that has a problem with this - maybe several years?  :o

Every now and then someone reports that pagination doesn't work and you keep denying it. It's kind of absurd  ;D

hazael

Same problem with this weird and useless &clearCart=0
In one menu it shows up in URL and I have no way to remove it, and in another menu of the same component it is no longer there.
It is similar with Itemid - one product belonging to one category in its address may have different Itemids...

Probably the biggest problem is modules - for example mod_virtuemart_category - Depending on where it will display the product categories, the URL has a different Itemid.
And then someone writes that - "my access to the category is forbidden" ;)

This solution multiplies a large number of unnecessary duplicates in the database, in the website and browser memory files.
I'm testing a 4SEF component - in database has accumulated 100 000 unnecessary various duplicate links. But the store only has 2 200 products.  :o
This is very very suboptimal

Milbo

lol, you are the first who says, that the pagination does not work in general. The thread started with an adjustments for the SEO of j4.

But I doubt that other do not have the described problem. Do sql yourself and you will understand. If your ordering/sorting is not determined, you get different sequences. It is the same with getNeighboured products.

It makes not really fun to answer all this different mixed problems.

"with this weird and useless &clearCart=0" There you see a big problem with the communication here. This is a community and if there is a an option clearCart it is definitly not useless. Someone invested time, money and so on to get it into the core.

So the problem is not that it is useless, the problem is, that it sometimes appears in the URL, and sometimes not. So instead of talking about, how to remove the bug, that the clearCart is shown, we talk about if the feature is useless. Do you get it?

Same with itemid and so on. Solve the mistery and we can create a fix. So long no one could tell me, why that happens.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sandomatyas

About the pagination issue:
Adding limitstart=0 to the url seems a working solution for us.
As Milbo suggested, I added <field name="limitstart" type="hidden" default="0" /> to the first fieldset of components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.xml and opened/saved all of VM category menu items. As far as I can see, it does work well.

Milbo

I think I added that in the last release (VM4.0.12). But I am not certain. But thank you for testing, that is a new "grib" to solve the problem.