News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

bug in Virtuemart Router ?

Started by kiro789, June 20, 2022, 16:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiro789

Hello,
I have the latest version VM VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661 and Joomla 4.1.4.
I believe there is a bug in Virtuemart Router.
When I click on the image categories, for example on the home page - subcategories with images nothing happens.
Site is https://joomla4.baron.bg/.
When I disable the disable the SEF settings in Joomla global configuration, all works fine.

Regards!

mavrosxristoforos

I have a similar problem with the router.
Menu links to categories work normally, but links to the products don't. Instead of having the product URL as href, they have the category URL.
This happens only with SEF enabled, regardless of URL re-writing, and only when the product has its own dedicated menu item.
Joomla version 4.1.4, Virtuemart version 4.0.0.10645. (that's the latest version available on virtuemart.net today... Not sure where kiro789 got 4.0.2.10661 from)

The bug has two unwanted effects. If you visit the category page (e.g. virtuemart/headpiece/), the product links inside the category that have dedicated menu items of their own show the category URL as href instead (again virtuemart/headpiece/ instead of virtuemart/headpiece/safety-helmet).
If you visit the product page (virtuemart/headpiece/safety-helmet) by using the dedicated menu item, you see the category page, while the URL is still correctly the product detail URL (virtuemart/headpiece/safety-helmet).

Hope this helps.

jenkinhill

VM4.0.2 is available on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

AFAIK Milbo is looking at J4 router issues. I don't have issues using J3.10.9
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mavrosxristoforos

Yes, I don't have issues on J3 either.
Thanks for letting me know about the last version location.

kiro789

I have updatet to the VirtueMart 4.0.6 10690, but the problem is still exist.

Regards!

Studio 42

Kiro, it seems to be a Joomla 4 issue.
The bug was not before.
I have similar problem since using Joomla 4.
Please use Joomla 3.10, if you need a working site.

mavrosxristoforos

I agree that most live sites may still need to use Joomla 3.10, but this must change at some point in the future.
Personally, I need Virtuemart to work for my demo site, which is ready with every other extension, including all my own Joomla extensions, and waiting for Virtuemart to fix this in order to go live.
I think you understand that it's a shame to have everything ready for Joomla 4, and not being able to demonstrate it.

mavrosxristoforos

Today, I got this message from the back-end of Joomla:
Joomla 3.10 has entered security only mode. Support ends 17 August 2023. Start planning to migrate to Joomla 4 today.

We appreciate all the work being done.

GJC Web Design

QuoteSupport ends 17 August 2023.
Still got nearly 13 months then..  :)

I think the dev team is on holiday atm but afaik the routing problems were fixed in the soon to be released 4.0.8
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

bindcommerce

I also confirm the bug, and I want to add that, if you prioritize the VM router (using the option "Strict mode" in Configuration > SEO) the links work, but you lose the ability to manage the choices that Joomla offers you (e.g. the combination with modules) and you also create an SEO problem (same contents on 2 different URLs).

chupi

I have the same error, does anyone know when it will be solved?

Mike J

Hello Chupi,

It's been reported that there hasn't been any progress in the public SVN for 4.0.8 for 30+ days but some say that they have seen progress in the VM DEV chat... 

... A word from whoever is driving the bus regarding the path forward and ETAs would be helpful.

Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine at this stage.

If you're running a live production site that needs to take orders, try to build on J! 3.10.10 / VM 4.0.2 10661 and await VM 4.0.8 IMHO.
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

GJC Web Design

the last com_virtuemart.4.0.7.10693 was shared on the dev chat on the 20th July so should all start again soon...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Mike J

Hello GJC,

... Hopefully but 3 weeks of nothing... And I need to get onto J4! for other reasons.

Have been a proud VM user for 10 years - have a number of paid plugins.

I'm not complaining 'cause it's free software but I'm unable to wait indefinitely.

Looks like my time has come to sign off.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. Has been a great ride.
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

mavrosxristoforos

I think it's best to wait a little bit, since it's August. I'm sure the dev team will have this new version released soon.