News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add fields to the custom fields, for example string

Started by Kuubs, May 18, 2022, 11:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Hello,

I'd like to add some extra fields to fill in my configuration of a custom field. For example the string. How can I add some extra fields to this plugin/module/component?

With Joomla its as easy as changing the XML file of the module. But I cannot find it for Virtuemart.

Studio 42

check textinput customfields plugin in the folder
JOOMLAROOT/plugins/vmcustom

Kuubs

Quote from: Studio 42 on May 19, 2022, 23:04:52 PM
check textinput customfields plugin in the folder
JOOMLAROOT/plugins/vmcustom
Ok thats great. Now where can I find the custom field xml file? So that I can add it in the custom field.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on May 23, 2022, 13:06:35 PM
JOOMLAROOT/plugins/vmcustom/textinput

Jörgen

I dont think you understand. I'd like to add a extra field in this screen:

Jörgen

For the vmcustom textinput I am pretty sure that is the place to start. For your plugin you have to search for the .xml file for Your plugin. This is the .xml file textinput .

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on May 23, 2022, 15:15:23 PM
For the vmcustom textinput I am pretty sure that is the place to start. For your plugin you have to search for the .xml file for Your plugin. This is the .xml file textinput .

Jörgen

But it's not the textinput. It's the "String" or the "Boolean" custom field type...

Jörgen

That is another cup of tea. I do not think they are overridable, but I have not made any inquiries about this. You have to start a new vmcustomplugin or copy a existing one.

It is hard to see what you want to accomplish that can not be done with a new vmcustomplugin.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on May 23, 2022, 18:38:47 PM
That is another cup of tea. I do not think they are overridable, but I have not made any inquiries about this. You have to start a new vmcustomplugin or copy a existing one.

It is hard to see what you want to accomplish that can not be done with a new vmcustomplugin.

Jörgen

You re right i could use another plugin, but i'd like to use the existing ones.  I find it weird, I searched the a dministrator and the normal components folder but I cannot find anything regarding these custom fields. It shouldn't be that hard adding another field right?

balai

You cannot add additional fields to the core plugins without hacking them.

The only viable alternative is to create your own plugin.

Kuubs

Quote from: balai on June 07, 2022, 12:21:08 PM
You cannot add additional fields to the core plugins without hacking them.

The only viable alternative is to create your own plugin.

I understand, but that is something I'm willing to do.

Also, if I want to make an exact copy of the core plugin, I kinda need to know where the code is so I can copy it right?

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x