News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Still issue with product display in Virtuemart 4

Started by joozen, May 16, 2022, 19:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joozen

Hello. I tried to rise this issue in comments in sticky topic but didn't received any solution. I was hoping that problem will be sorted with update, and Virtuemart and Joomla has updated since, but nothing happened.

Problem again: When I login to backend and select Products, first you can see all product displaying, but any manipulation like sort by ID, Manufacturer, Name, change number of product per page or ever. result all products disappear and you can't discover them any longer under "Select Product Category". You still can manage products if you go to particular category, but if you go back to "Select Product Category" list of products is empty. Please advice.

Joomla: 3.10.9
Virtuemart: 4.0.2 10661
PHP: 7.4.29
mySQL: 5.5.5-10.0.38-MariaDB-cll-lve

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
PHP: 8.1.26

pinochico

It looks like you have a limitation on your server (maybe on the length of the input value) - I can make the demo of the original installation work correctly
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

cgerraty

I have a similar issue displaying products in the administration....

I mentioned it in my previous post about Multiple issues after upgrade.

One problem I am having is the filters are not working properly.   I have a number of Manufacturers that display no products when you filter for that manufacturer but in the show all they are all listed and are linked to the manufacturer.    In the front end when you search for all products by a manufacturer it works fine.    It seems to just be on the back end administration...    Mainly annoying.....

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

joozen

No, I don't have any limitations. It's happened exactly after update. Admin product search not working as well. Problem only with products. Category and manufacturers works OK.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

jenkinhill

I have no problem with product sort/search etc.  VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661  J 3.10.9
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

joozen

Just done experiment. Deleted from server all files at administrator/components/com_virtuemart and uploaded Virtuemart 3.8 files from my wamp server. Got all products functionality back in admin but error message in frontend (see attachment).
Uploaded v4.0 files back, get frontend working again but all functionality in products disappeared again. So problem somewhere in files not in database. 
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

joozen

Tried to debug. Here is debug log.

7 vmdebug my published Var1:

Var2:
Array
(
)

8 vmdebug vmTime: sortSearchQuery products: : 0.000708103179931641
8 vmTrace getResultsCounter JLIB_HTML_NO_RECORDS_FOUND
#0  vmTrace() called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmpagination.php:387]
#1  VmPagination->getResultsCounter() called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/tmpl/default.php:61]
#2  include(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/tmpl/default.php) called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:701]
#3  Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate() called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmviewadmin.php:64]
#4  VmViewAdmin->display() called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/view.html.php:588]
#5  VirtuemartViewProduct->display() called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmcontroller.php:120]
#6  VmController->display() called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:702]
#7  Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php:75]
#8  require_once(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php) called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402]
#9  Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() called at [/home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377]

9 vmdebug vmTime: "VirtueMartControllerProduct" Finished task product: 0.0332779884338379
10 vmdebug End used Ram 20M
11 vmdebug Peak memory peak 20M
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

joozen

Could you please advice if Virtuemart v4 database fields compatible with v3.8 . I want to downgrade it. It's impossible to work without products search and sort no joy really.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Jörgen

No guarantee for success, but installing VM 3.8 over the 4.0 version is the normal way to change version. Only copying files may not be enough. Please do not uninstall first.
Advice about making backups still apply.
Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

@ joozen - if u have enabled "Show products of subcategories" then see-> https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=148335.msg529300#msg529300

this should fix it...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

joozen

Quote from: GJC Web Design on May 24, 2022, 14:40:39 PM
@ joozen - if u have enabled "Show products of subcategories" then see-> https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=148335.msg529300#msg529300

this should fix it...

Magic. It's work now. Thank you very much!!!
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922