News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

**SOLVED** VM4 Safe Path setup questions

Started by BoredBoss, May 12, 2022, 18:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredBoss

Where can I configure the safe path in VM4? There only seems to be a setup wizard, and that does not seem to be compatible with my VPS. The actual path on my server is /home/mysite.com/somename/public_html/, and the setup wizard only sees /home/mysite.com/somename. In actuality, I would like the path to be /home/mysite.com/somename/private_html/. Is this configurable, or do I need to edit something in the database?

pinochico

QuoteWhere can I configure the safe path in VM4?
Quotesetup wizard only sees /home/mysite.com/somename.

You know then why do you ask?  :o

administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=updatesmigration
TAB - Safe Path Tools

QuoteThere only seems to be a setup wizard, and that does not seem to be compatible with my VPS.

Is not problem VM, but your VPS

QuoteIn actuality, I would like the path to be /home/mysite.com/somename/private_html/.

Sorry, then not will be Safe path => For safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL

But you can setup in:

administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config
TAB - Templates
Section - Media Files Settings
Safe Path - /home/mysite.com/somename/vmfiles/
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

BoredBoss

Thank you for the tip about where to enter the safe path; that worked.

Regarding the rest of your commentary, you are not correct.

First, the Setup Wizard shows what the current safe path is but does not allow you to configure it.

Second, there is nothing wrong with my VPS. The directory private_html is above the webroot, while public_html is in the root directory and contains the files for the website. If you try and visit the site and include "private_html", you are redirected to the root directory. In other words, all content in the private_html folder is not reachable via a web browser.

Thank you again for the tip about where to enter the safe path.