~1800 different shipping options, each one with its own price...

Started by juanvilchez, September 03, 2022, 04:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juanvilchez

Good day everyone!

I have a doubt. In my shop, there are ~1800 different shipping combinations (50 provinces, weight measured in increments of 10kg. up to 120kg.).

As you know, lately fuel prices and other international issues have increased shipping costs, so every now and then I receive a new Excel table with increased prices.

You can imagine that changing one by one the prices of the already created shipping methods is very time consuming and what is worse I can make mistakes...

So, my questions are:

I have tried to find a plugin that would help me in this procedure, with no luck.

1) Is there any way to import shipping costs, in a sensible way...? Probably preparing a .csv with prepared columns and rows so that each and every time the import generates a valid shipping method directly into VM ?

Introducing data one by one, it's somehow tedious also because I have to navigate to the two tabs of Shipping (Shipping method information and Settings). They probably could be under the same tab.

2) Some provinces share the same shipping costs intervals with others because they are physically close and share the same transport hubs. In my country, provinces and PO box codes are related in a logical and numerical way as the two first digits of every PObox are given by the province (Example: all the POboxes of the province of Granada start with 18xxx) . When introducing PO box numbers in VM, as far as I know, only one range can be added at a given time (no wildcards or modifiers).

So, for example, to avoid having to clone and modify one third of the possible combinations, assuming provinces 18, 20 and 23 share the same shipping costs prices I could insert PObox initial range to 18001,20001,23001 and final range to 18999,20999,23999. That way I could introduce the price for three provinces at the same time.

Provinces' numbers are almost always not numerically close because their numbers are given in alphabetical order... Otherwise it would be easier to specify ranges and save on shipping combinations.

Well.. hopefully someone could give me some advice.

Thanks and regards.

VM 3.8.8 (10472)
Joomla 3.10.9
PHP 7.3.25

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation