News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM4/J4 incompatible jQuery-UI and jQuery versions

Started by balai, May 12, 2022, 15:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balai

Seems like the jQuery-ui v. 1.9.2 and jQuery 3.6.0 (used in J4) are not compatible between them.

Some of the javascript related functionalities i use in my plugins (e.g. sortable) are no longer working due to javascript errors from the: components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery-ui.min.js

The errors are of the type:
Uncaught TypeError: e x is not a function
e.g.
Uncaught TypeError: e(...).find(...).andSelf is not a function    jquery-ui.min.js:6:66520
For example andSelf is deprecated since jQuery 1.8 and is removed in jQuery 3. Besides that it is still used in the loaded jQuery-ui file.

Do note that jQuery-ui v. 1.9.2 was released back in 2012, while the newest 1.13.x is compatible with the used jQuery 3.6

Any update about your intentions on that is more than welcome as i have to decide if i will replace jQuery UI function calls with others in my code.

Milbo

What happens, when we use now 1.13?

What we just need is a working combo for j3 and j4. Do you have a suggestion?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

balai

You can try jQuery 3 and jQuery ui 1.13.x in both J versions.
By doing that you will have similar UIs and dependencies in both versions and they will be tested much easier.

I did not tested that though for any bug.

In any case only compatible libraries should be used.

joomlabuff

Facing the same problem. did you find any fix for this?

niosme

Fullstack Developer and Joomla Expert

balai

Thanks but this is a temporary solution. It will be purged in the next update.

Should be fixed in the project level.

niosme

Milbo maybe still in vacations. Praise the lord and cross your fingers for an update with no problems.
Fullstack Developer and Joomla Expert