Main Menu

An error has occurred.

Started by MAD King, April 29, 2022, 23:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Quote from: MAD King on April 29, 2022, 23:35:37 PM
Updated to Version 4 and got this:

An error has occurred.
0 Call to undefined method TableProducts::setDateFields()

It is a new function of the table and it is only called in tables. So it looks like, sometimes the installer loaded already the old vmtable without the function. But in theory that should not happen and so I do not know how to prevent that.

the vm plugin is loaded before the installation, it should load the file from the installer path. Maybe that works sometimes incorrectly. Or some other plugin loads the vm config before, so you get old files. In this case, just install vm again.

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MAD King

Rather to attack Jumbo you should thank him that he took the time to help to give a solution and get together with him to get his code into core. No one else here did.
Your response was unnecessary.

Thank you, Jumbo, again.

Quote from: Milbo on June 27, 2022, 11:54:38 AM
He just does not write it in the dev chat ... so pure luck if it comes into the next core, or not.

I also do not understand the difference. at begin no layout is set, so it must use the "else" case runs through the "!isset(VmView::$bs)) case. So I do not understand how it makes a difference if you load it always. I just placed it below the

if(isset($layouts[$name])){
return $layouts[$name];
} else {

case, so that it is not checked if it should return an already cached layout, which again means, that the if(!isset(VmView::$bs)){ was done.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Jumbo!

Quote from: Milbo on June 27, 2022, 11:54:38 AM
He just does not write it in the dev chat ... so pure luck if it comes into the next core, or not.

I also do not understand the difference. at begin no layout is set, so it must use the "else" case runs through the "!isset(VmView::$bs)) case. So I do not understand how it makes a difference if you load it always. I just placed it below the

if(isset($layouts[$name])){
return $layouts[$name];
} else {

case, so that it is not checked if it should return an already cached layout, which again means, that the if(!isset(VmView::$bs)){ was done.

We have already discussed it in the dev chat. You have also included the changes in the next update. Probably you forgot. :)

T.A. Garrison, LLC

Although this has been tossed around a lot in the last several months, the problem still exists.

And, even though it's a false positive, I "cannot" update a plugin for which I paid - Quantity Rules for VirtueMart 3/4

Message Update:
It's now March 30, 2023 and there are still the same 2 updates that throw errors when attempting to update. Any news on this?

Update: :Extension: Could not parse http://virtuemart.net/releases/vm3/plg_vmcustom_download_simple_update.xml
That appears before attempting to update.

When attempting to update Quantity Rules for VirtueMart 3/4 I get the following error: danger
Invalid extension update

When attempting to update VirtueMart I get the following error: danger
Failed to extract file: index.php_option_com_virtuemart_view_plugin_name_istraxx_download_byhost

I know Milbo has said this has to do with Joomla and presenting false errors. I don't disagree with that. However, users are not able to update the files.
T.A. Garrison, LLC
3150 Orleans St. # 28261
Bellingham, WA 98228