News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Discount after tax but the tax need to be lessened as well

Started by Kuubs, March 22, 2022, 11:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on March 24, 2022, 11:21:34 AM
A screenshot of the checkout that shows the figures that are wrong. It is hard to guess, since my figures all seem to show correctly  8)

Jörgen

Okay, I did some testing and it seems that using DATax as the normal discount and VatTax as the tax per product calculates the right Vat per product with discount code.

Jörgen

OK, nice to hear that this is all fine, what is not calculated correctly ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

I must apologize to Jorgen for my ignorance and thank you for your patience and explanation.
Nice job.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

@rudolf

You are welcome  8), it is sometimes easy to stare in the wrong direction.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on March 29, 2022, 13:52:12 PM
OK, nice to hear that this is all fine, what is not calculated correctly ?

Jörgen
No everything works great in the end. I think I used "Tax" before instead of VatTax, I think thats where the problem was.

Kuubs

Ok, I found the issue.

When I change the Tax to VatTax the price calculation is not working right. So if I am calculating the cost price again with VatTax instaed of Tax, the actual price is wrong. But when I use Tax to set the final price, and then change it to VatTax in the calculation rules, the price stays correct but when I try to calculate the cost price again it's not working correctly.

EDIT: Figured it out. When using VatTax the calculation is not done correctly in combination with DATax, when in the article admin page using the check Calculate Final Price. When you dont use that feature and calculate it by hand (using Cost price) the pricing goes correctly. So I think this is a core issue.

Jörgen

Soooo, this is an admin calculation problem ?
Any screenshots please ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Kuubs

Quote from: Jörgen on April 05, 2022, 15:10:40 PM
Soooo, this is an admin calculation problem ?
Any screenshots please ?

Jörgen

Yes. These are the rules:

Multiple discounts from a fixed price (5, 10, 15, 20)

Then at product settings this is the good price:

When I try to calculate the cost price with the checkmark:

When I just calculate the cost price myself so that the final price is correct then it works. But calculating the cost price for me inputting the final price is not working correctly. It probably calculates the discount in wrong.