Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Making reservations

Started by cback, March 08, 2022, 11:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cback

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help.  VM version 3.6.0 10113

I often have customers that want to reserve products and pay later.  So they need to be able to place the order, CONFIRM it, but when the payment window pops up, they close it.   This causes the order to be registered in the system, but with status 'PENDING'.  I can then make changes if necessary or add discount or whatever, then I send customer payment link to pay when they are ready and after that I confirm the order for real.   The issue is, that lately (I have no idea why), when the customer tries to place multiple (reservation) orders in this way.... the previous pending orders are being messed up (the products are being replaced by new products from the subsequent orders).   Also, bunches of order numbers are just missing/not being used.  It's all very creepy.   For example, yesterday I had an order in the system (one of these pending reservations), it was just waiting to be paid for.... but then customer tried to place some new reservations and today this order has vanished.

I really need the reservation functionality.

Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on or how I can fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jörgen

I think this is a new "feature". VM reuses orders overwites old pending orders. This can be inactivated.

https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/206-hidden-configurations.html

You have to set

reuseorders=0

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

cback

Thank you, but according to my .cfg file it's already on 0.  I tried this a while back.....  but no fix, hence my return here LOL

Or is there something wrong in the .cfg maybe?

Jörgen

Have You updated the .cfg file in VM backend ?

Just changing data in the file is not enough.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

cback

I am not familiar with any of this, so thanks for tip, where do I change this in backend please?

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

cback

Yes, I saw the link and read it, but as I say I have no idea about this... where exactly must I change these settings if not only in the .cfg file?  In some table?  Where do I find this please?  Complete newbie here.

Jörgen

Change any setting and save.
Reset setting and save again.

Might work with just saving, but no harm in trying.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

cback

I am not sure I am being understood LOL

I have been all over the VM backend config for hours, cannot find any setting to do with reusing order numbers.

I downloaded .cfg file via FTP (from the location in the link you sent)  , changed it to reuseorders=0 and uploaded again.

Still it doesn't work.

With each order I create,  thre previous pending order is deleted and a new order number is assigned. 

cback

I am also curious if other people also have this issue... I cannot surely be the only one who needs this functionality LOL

cback

I have done everything suggested 3 times over now, but it's not working.   If anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd be very thankful. 

Jörgen

Have you saved the configuration as my imaged showed, after you updated the .cfg file ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

cback

Yep, multiple times.  Even undid it all and did it over (changing from 0 to 1 and back to 0) and saving again and again  ..... not working :(

Jörgen

OK, then I am out of ideas.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

cback

No problem, thanks for trying.  Hope someone else has further ideas.