News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Template breaks when uploading products

Started by Lydiasupplyingdirect, February 21, 2022, 16:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hello,

We're currently using Vmuikit, Virtuemart and Yootheme Pro as our template.

After uploading all of our products and creating a template for them in Yootheme Pro we've noticed that for some reason, on some of the products the template has broken.

This link here shows where the template has broke:

http://timb114.sg-host.com/shop/sen-and-sensory-products-and-equipment/interactive-disco-tubes/Interactive-Sound-Activated-Disco-Tube-For-SEND-Sensory-Rooms-1000-x-150mm-details.html

This link shows what the template should look like:

http://timb114.sg-host.com/shop/outdoor-furniture/outdoor-cafe-restaurant-pub-dining-tables-&-sets/AIR-Black-Square-Table-Outdoor-Indoor-Bar-Restaurant-Cafe-Pub-Table-Min-Order-of-4-details.html

I have posted this issue on the Yootheme Pro platform but It's been up for about 2 weeks and I've still had no answer, so wanted to reach out to see if anyone knew what it may be on here.

Any info would be much appreciated, thank you.

Kind regards,

Lydia

L Bustin

Lydiasupplyingdirect

L Bustin

Studio 42

Vmuikit use so many overrides that it's hard to know the origin of the problem
Check if you do not use another style or template(in Joomla menus to categories or products)
If you published the categories module in the right place
Another bug that i found, is that customfield for all display modules + product list result, so a setting is wrong in the cf module certainly

Studio 42

I checked again in your shop and all the categories are bugged, i cannot access to products details

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hi yes,

This is another issue I'm trying to sort.

We're trying to set the virtuemart category layout as our home page in the joomla menu rather than adding it to a hidden menu... reason being, we don't want the category layout to show in the URL. But when I try and use the Vmuikit templates for categories etc it won't link through to the products, it's becoming a bit of a nightmare.

I have put it back to normal now if you wanted to have another look!

Thank you
L Bustin

Studio 42

I have a customer using last vmuikit and we needed 2 hours to find how to use the new system
SO yes it's a nightmare and it's only to permit non coder to create own render

pinochico

Když jsem psal, jakmile jsem uviděl použití vmuikit, že to je totální blbost načítat další non-joomla framework do administrace, mnoho zasloužilých VM DEV vývojářů jeho použití obhajovalo (nebudu jmenovat).
Neustále se potýkám s tím, že IT vývojáři žijí ve své bublině a vůbec nerozumí tomu co chce zákazník a často mi trvá hodiny vysvětlit to chci a ještě je musím kontrolovat aby si to nenaprogramovali stejně podle sebe.
Nyní bych těmito vývojářům přál, aby sklízeli plody své práce osobně a aby je to stálo peníze a čas (ne čas a peníze uživatelů a konečných zákazníků).

I když zkušenost s vývojářemi říká, že mají tak velké ego, že nikdy chybu nepřiznají a vše je špatně pokud není po jejich.
Čest výjimkám!

---

When I wrote, as soon as I saw the use of vmuikit, it was a total nonsense to load another non-joomla framework into the administration, many deserving VM DEV developers advocated its use (I won't name it).
I constantly struggle with the fact that IT developers live in their bubble and do not understand what the customer wants at all and it often takes me hours to explain what I want and I still have to check them so that they do not program it the same way.
I would now like these developers to reap the rewards of their work personally and to cost them money and time (not the time and money of users and end customers).

Although experience with developers says they have such a big ego that they never admit a mistake and everything is wrong if it's not theirs.
Honor exceptions!
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Quote from: Studio 42 on February 22, 2022, 10:55:18 AM
I have a customer using last vmuikit and we needed 2 hours to find how to use the new system
SO yes it's a nightmare and it's only to permit non coder to create own render

Yes, everything we want to do with VMUIKIT doesn't seem possible at the moment!!!

So from experience, do you know if it is possible to have the VM Category Layout set as your homepage? As at the moment JoomlaPro/Vmuikit isn't understanding what I am trying to do and it's becoming very frustrating and they keep telling me to refer to the documentation but their documentation shows us nothing about how to use dynamic content if you set the VM Category Layout as your home page (so I'm guessing it's not possible)

Any tips with this would be much appreciated, I think the template breaking part has been fixed I just want to sort this other issue now. I can't find any documentation on this so am having to rely on forums at the moment.

Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated!

Kindest regards,

Lydia
L Bustin

Studio 42

If you don't have a Vm category menu, I don't think that's possible.
And you use short links for the product, so it's even more complex
VM get layout internally and can inherit from parent categories
Vmuikit use standard Joomla menu (itemId) to get the override then he do not know what to do and use default layout

GJC Web Design

which begs the question just what is the point of Vmuikit?

It totally over rides everything, restricts choice and functionality, and in my experience achieves nothing that can't be done with standard VM....
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation