VM menu items don't redirect correctly (J! 4.0.4, VM 3.8.9)

Started by mrp, February 14, 2022, 18:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrp

Hi,

I'm trying to move an existing site to Joomla 4.0.4 / VirtueMart 3.8.9. The shop is running fine so far. But creating e.g. a menu item linking to the cart doesn't work correctly, it redirects to a product category view. Using non-seo "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart" instead of www.mysite.com/cart works fine. All the other Joomla! seo links work correctly. What I've tried:

- delete and recreate menu item
- delete cache
- replace .htaccess with Joomla! 4 original file
- delete site cache
- delete all redirects
- unpublished redirect plugin

Does anyone have an idea? Like "seems to be J!, not VM", "having same trouble", "everything working fine..."

Studio 42

See in the virtuemart config. You have an option use SEF for cart, enable or disable it to see if it solves the problem

mrp

I've tried every combination of SEF settings - didn't change anything.

Also I've setup a totally new and clean installation of Joomla 4! with VirtueMart. It doesn't work either! A menu item "cart" links to a product category.

For the professionals:

In administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vrequest.php there ist function get(...). In former Joomla!/VirtueMart versions if I use var_dump($_REQUEST) there are a couple of loops that show an empty array. Then after 6 or 7 calls, $_REQUEST ist finally filled with "view => cart" and other variables.

In latest VirtueMart, $_REQUEST stays empty.

Any ideas?

pinochico

QuoteIt doesn't work either!

VirtueMart 3.8.9 for J4 Is still beta, not for production site, then you shouldn't use "!" :)

Why do you don't use new J4.1, but old?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

When reporting issues with the beta releases please state the full version number as the issue may already have been resolved - we are now at 3.8.9.10591

http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1300/com_virtuemart.3.8.9.10591_package_or_extract.zip
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mrp

Quote from: pinochico on February 16, 2022, 00:32:04 AM

Why do you don't use new J4.1, but old?

Well, the shop uses a quite complex custom price calculation. We have to redesign a lot. And we don't want to produce for an old version that will expire in a few months. So i hope that VM is going to be stable before we launch.

When reporting issues with the beta releases please state the full version number as the issue may already have been resolved - we are now at 3.8.9.10591

Actually we use 3.8.9.10591

pinochico

Yes, your faith will heal you...

In particular, when the VirtueMart3.8.9_Joomla_3.9.24-Stable-Full_Package.zip installation package does not contain a table DB:
virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries
virtuemart_payment_plg_standard
(# 1146 Table 'vm_verze_easy_minion_cz. # __ virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries' doesn't exist - FAILED: createTable ERROR: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key)

and other versions com_virtuemart.3.8.9.10514_package_or_extract.zip
contains another bug in the model.

Both marked with a proud label 3.8.9 (stable, compatible J3.9) - Stable, really ????

Nothing's happening, is it?
Our customers will test it on their e-shops and someone will fix it, so we will not tear the veins ....

For me, such developers would get fired for a minute, how can anyone afford to release a version with an error after installation?
Experiments on end customers are done here under the supposed veil of "free".

E.g. the bolean customfield bug still remains uncorrected after 7 years of reporting.

Back to the trees - we can only believe that some version will succeed in the future and instead of inventing new nonsensical ala "vm" frameworks with the supposed vision of success on Wordpress, the previous bugs will be fixed first and the new version for J4 will respect the Joomla framework more respected ecommerce solution.

It has something to catch up with, currently the number of installations of other ecomerce solutions on Czech-made Joomla is growing around the world (especially in Germany).We have already developed several extensions for them.

I keep my fingers crossed and I believe too - it costs nothing.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

hazael

And what is being improved in these new VM versions?
Every time I update to a new version and still see the same key bugs as in previous versions. :)
Is there a changelog?

Jörgen

@hazael

What old key bugs ? It is easy to rant, hard to be specific.

Start to look here :
http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-blogs

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.