News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Is the "Notify Me" button/option useless? Looks Like

Started by MAD King, January 20, 2022, 00:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

I cannot get my head around.
If a store has several thousand products with daily changing unavailable and available products, the store owner has to go through all product listings and click manually to notify the customer that that product is back in stock.
For me that sounds like the vase in a VW Beetle. It's there but you cannot really use it.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Jörgen

If a store has thousends of products changing EVERY day, there should be room to make some custom programming for this...

For my shop it is enough, I can surely use it, but no shop is alike.

I think there are som waitinglist handlers out there. This is just one that came up on a google search:

https://www.walkswithme.net/product/virtuemart-waiting-list-dashboard-module

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pinochico

You can use app VirtueMart Mailing Manager

This app have trigger and email template for Waiting List an Notify and all emails for customer/admin from every change stock's products run in backend by cron

https://www.minijoomla.org/extensions/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-mailing-manager
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

MAD King

Thank you for the module links, but shouldn't it be already integrated in VM? Just my thoughts.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pinochico

Quotebut shouldn't it be already integrated in VM?

Integrated - But do you really mean free?

Nice attempt ;D
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

MAD King

QuoteIntegrated

And how exactly would you send out automatically notifications on 500 items with are in stock now?
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

pinochico

I don't know, we use 7 years this app, because, if we send step by step, then we have to sending next 10 years ;D

MAD King

OK are you talking about the addon extensions or the integrated option?
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

pinochico

QuoteOK are you talking about the addon extensions or the integrated option?

I don't under stand what do you mean

Jörgen

Pinochico means that it would take 10 years before he has given you the code for the extension in a step by step through the forum.

Virtuemart is a free software with mostly free contributions and some bought extensions and also extensions and development added through payed memberships.

But basically it is freeware and if you know the expression "there are no free lunches", you would certainly understand that there are limitations on what you can expect for free  ;)

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

GJC Web Design

I have developed a root script for my customers that automatically handles sending out emails to shoppers on the waiting list when the product comes back in stock.
If interested you can PM me...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

MAD King

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

GJC Web Design

there isn't a link .. loads of stuff I code I never offer for sale publicly .. too much hassle .. as I said if your interested contact me
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation