News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart Category Layout [solved]

Started by Lydiasupplyingdirect, January 14, 2022, 13:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Ok but I'm being told by someone else that it is?

So I want to know how to do that so that I can see if that solves the issue. When I search for creating a custom category layout on google I can't find anything on that apart from this...

https://www.joomlashack.com/blog/joomla/custom-layouts/?__cf_chl_f_tk=Em7EGPP3H2V7M1lcTyvYS50dgS6_86vT1C959MY7txs-1642418259-0-gaNycGzNB1E

Which doesn't seem to relate to what I'm trying to do.

L Bustin

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Ok - understood.

So these instructions show you how to create a template override for an article, it tells you to create file from com_content > article. If I am wanting to create a custom category layout (not custom article), which file would I need to create from? (please see attached)

Would it be com_content > category?

Would be much appreciated if you could help as much as you can.

Thank you,

Lydia

L Bustin

pinochico

How can you look for a translation of constants that do not yet exist and only you create them in overrides?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hi,

Yes I am starting to understand now but I don't know how to create the override in the first place.

If I go to Extensions > Templates > Yootheme Template > Create Overrides

Which file am I creating the override from?
L Bustin

pinochico

I send you image with FTP folder list == you don't create override, but create new files
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

GJC Web Design

I am finding it extremely difficult to understand what your trying to achieve...

If I go https://www.schoolfurniture-direct.co.uk/search-result/?q=table I get a very normal looking result page..

if I then choose a category I get what I assume are all tables in that category ...

https://www.schoolfurniture-direct.co.uk/search-result/Replacement-Canteen-Unit-Stools/?q=table

what are trying to change?  A picture is worth a 1000 words...

be aware u are not using the core VM search system ... you are using VM Custom Filters which is a 3rd party extension...  com_customfilters
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Lydiasupplyingdirect

The screen shots you have attached aren;t of the website I am working on.

I am editing this website, which uses Yootheme Pro a completely different template to our old website.

http://timb114.sg-host.com/

Referring to my original post question...

"We've almost finished our website but am struggling with our filter and search module we use. When we use the search feature, it returns the Virtuemart category layout first and then underneath shows the search result. We don't want the category layout to show when searching, does anyone know how to change this?"

In response to that, Rudolph said that I would need to create a custom category layout so that's why I need to know exactly how I do that.

If you have a different suggestion to fix my search results issue then I am open to hearing it.

Thank you

L Bustin

pinochico

Solutions I send, because we use Custom Filters and we use custom layout for search too...

So you try find others?

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hi pinochico,

No I want to use your suggestion but I just don't know how to do it!
L Bustin

pinochico

ok

> create custom template for FE view category - php+xml

Do you finished?

Show me :)

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hi pinochico.,

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

My path: Extensions > Templates > Yootheme Pro > Editor >Create new file > Created Php file > Created xml file

So far I have created both php and xml file (see screen shot attached) but not sure if I have done this correctly? Do the new files need to be under a certain folder?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

L Bustin

pinochico

as my FTP list ==

a/ inside core VM folder
components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/custom.php
components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/custom.xml

or

b/ inside template folder as override

templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/category/custom.php
templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/category/custom.xml

After this (and create language override for COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_VIEW_CUSTOM_TITLE+COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_VIEW_CUSTOM_DESC == of course, the template and XML file you created as copy from default.php and default.xml) you can see on menu item type Custom Filter Search Result as my picture.
And of course - XML file is copy - only title and desc have changed language constant - template file you have to changed and this is the priority file for creating view for search result

But I think - if you don't know nothing about template override, you know about how create new template file in PHP == delete all input which don't do you need and add your new?

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hello pinochico,

Please see screen shot attached, is this correct?
L Bustin

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Please see updated screen shot attached
L Bustin