News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart Category Layout [solved]

Started by Lydiasupplyingdirect, January 14, 2022, 13:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hello!

We've almost finished our website but am struggling with our filter and search module we use. When we use the search feature, it returns the virtuemart category layout first and then underneath shows the search result. We don't want the category layout to show when searching, does anyone know how to change this?

I have tried playing about with VM category settings but nothing seems to work so I must be missing something!

http://timb114.sg-host.com/home

Would appreciate any help!
L Bustin

pinochico

You can create custom layout for view products == search result + add search box - as override in template + connect to menu type search

But you are right, category layout is default and actually solutions (old from VM2) is not good :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hi,

There must be a way to hide the category as a result without having to set up custom layout as on our current site when you search you only get the results you have searched for.

https://www.schoolfurniture-direct.co.uk/

I want to try and figure out why this is happening, could it be to do with how the Yootheme Template has set out?
L Bustin

jenkinhill

TRy a search on http://demo.virtuemart.net/ to see how a search displays with the default VM templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hello,

We're not using the VM search we are using Break Designs Custom Filters & Search extension but when I raised this issue with them they said it was to do with VM Category settings, which is why I'm now on here.

So if there's anything you think I could try changing to stop the category layout sitting on top of search results please let me know.

Thank you,

Lydia
L Bustin

Jörgen

Have You set up a landing page for the Break design search ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hello,

Yes, in Joomla back end have set up menu item in hidden menu as 'Custom filters > search results' Please see image attached.
L Bustin

Lydiasupplyingdirect

If I am to create another VM Category layout, how would I go about doing that through Joomla?

Seems like it may be the only way to solve my issue as I can then choose which category layout loads when getting search results - I just want the products to come up when searching not the category layout.
L Bustin

pinochico

Look at the attachment:

- create custom template for FE view category - php+xml - override language constant to COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_VIEW_CUSTOM_TITLE+COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_VIEW_CUSTOM_DESC
- create language override
- create menu item for customfilters search result
- select your new custom layout
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pinochico

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hello,

Thank you for attaching screen shots but our problem is we won't even have the option to create a custom layout. Please see image attached.
L Bustin

Jörgen

Rudolf meant that You must create the custom layout. See his screenshots.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Ahh, sorry - didn't read that properly!

Will have a go and see how far I get.

Thank you so much everyone for all your help :)
L Bustin

Lydiasupplyingdirect

Hello all,

I am trying to create the custom layout in overrides but when I search for these on the right hand side COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_VIEW_CUSTOM_TITLE+COM_VIRTUEMART_CATEGORY_VIEW_CUSTOM_DESC
it's not coming up with anything (please see screen shot attached)

Could you possibly describe the process of creating custom layout (in baby mode) as I am not web developer so I only know so much, what did you mean by  'create custom template for FE view category'? What does FE view mean?

Thank you for your help.

Lydia
L Bustin

GJC Web Design

the process for over riding VM views is virtually identical to over riding any Joomla view ... there are plenty of online how tos if u google..
Just pay attention to the paths required...

But if u don't have the coding skills to do this then you will have to employ someone...

P.S. it has nothing to do with language over rides
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation