News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Metatags for each product

Started by suraty, December 11, 2021, 08:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suraty

Hello,
I am using Joomla version 3 and Virtuemart version 3.
I want to define metatags for each product, which it is useful for SEO optimization.
Is there any option in VirtueMart product defining that I set it?

Thank you very much

jenkinhill

The meta title uses the product name by default and the meta description is the first part of the product short description.

If you want to add old fashioned key words & your own description then these can be entered at the bottom half of the description tab for each product.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

suraty

Thank you very much for your answer.

Is it possible that I define new <div> in the product details page which shows a custom field for setting meta tags into it?

Will these fields use via search engines? Will it be useful for SEO?

pinochico

QuoteIs it possible that I define new <div> in the product details page which shows a custom field for setting meta tags into it?

Yes, is possible, BUT WHY?
You have to some core options to show meta tags for product.

In core exist sublayout rich snippets, if you need call him in PHP in product detail page and update as you need.
Or you can use external plugin for rich snippets for VirtueMart (add some others meta tags...)
Or you can use external component for create rich snippets for web (part is VirtueMart too).

Resume:
You have to a lot of RIGHT options, only choose. (forgot about custom fields for meta - only as joke :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

suraty, create a good description for SEO, it's better as using tags
Include links to other product, add some strong tags and h2,h3 ...

gpessoa

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 11, 2021, 10:57:27 AM
The meta title uses the product name by default and the meta description is the first part of the product short description.

If you want to add old fashioned key words & your own description then these can be entered at the bottom half of the description tab for each product.

Does this means that we don't need to manually add nothing to meta information,
Just live it empty?

J 3.10.5; VM 3.4.2; PHP 7.2.34

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

@gpessoa I just ensure that the first words of the product short description make sense for searches. Google pays little, if any, attention to the meta tags so I never waste time adding more information.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum