News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Smart search in Virtuemart for Joomla 4

Started by bestcons, December 25, 2021, 22:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestcons

In view of own activities related to Joomla 4 and Vitutemart, curious to learn whether smart search is scheduled in  the first VM release for Joomla 4 as there only will be smart search in Joomla 4.

pinochico

Due to our own activities - if not, you can try elastic search for VirtueMart:
https://www.kolo-park.cz
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

bestcons

Our voluntary association looks for a free virtuemart plugin rather than a paid version for $ 59.90!

pinochico

XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

GJC Web Design

QuoteOur voluntary association looks for a free virtuemart plugin rather than a paid version for $ 59.90!

as a voluntary organisation why are you even bothering to look at J4?  J3 is fully supported for a till at least August 17, 2023 and it will be running on 1000's of websites for long after that.
There is nothing wrong performance or security wise with J3/VM3...

as for smart search the core VM search has nothing to do with the Joomla search  ... I suppose a plugin will need to be developed to integrate VM into the Joomla Smart Search .. isn't it just a a pre-indexation of search terms etc?

I have played with J4 for quite a while now and are hard pressed to find a single advantage over J3 ...  it's just different...  with some newer libraries.. and IMHO a clonkier admin
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

balai

Smart Search is a powerful search engine that would elevate the search functionality in VM.

I suggest the project leadership to consider that.

bestcons

In view of own activities related to Joomla 4 and Virtuemart, curious to learn whether smart search is scheduled in  the first VM release for Joomla 4 as there only will be smart search in Joomla 4 and therefore indispensable in considering a Joomla 3 migration.

pinochico

Due to the implementation of VirtueMart on really big e-shops and experience with Elastic search, I am very worried that the implementation of Smart Search will be just another unfinished project that will not be used on really business sites.
I would be pleasantly surprised, if there was already a link to another DB for content indexing, then it might make a little sense.

Until then, it is useless to deal with this project, I would rather use Elastic Search.

sechavarria

Hello,

I am interested in this topic because in my company we are moving our site from joomla 3 to joomla 4, and we need the smart search to allow us to search the site in addition to content, virtuemart products and comments from the JComments plugin, which what if it could be done with the simple search of joomla 3.

Could you please tell me if there is already a plugin that allows smart search to add virtuemart products and JComments to the index? If not, how would it be possible to implement it on my site? what dou you recommend?

Thank you very much for your attention.

pinochico

QuoteCould you please tell me if there is already a plugin that allows smart search to add virtuemart products and JComments to the index?

no

QuoteIf not, how would it be possible to implement it on my site? what dou you recommend?

hire developer

baggeler

Is it really still so that after so long time there is no smart search plugin for vm or am I looking at wrong place?

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

EIF

I am also interested.
The old Joomla 3 search finds Virtuemart products. But the smart search of Joomla 4 doesn't.

A webshop really needs a search bar that covers the complete website. Using 2 search bars (1 for joomla article content and 1 for viruemart product search) is absurd.

Edit: I'm looking at this extension now to integrate: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/search-a-indexing/site-search/geek-elasticsearch/

pinochico

gek-elastic search we implemented on shop in 2016 with custom developping...

After 4 months we make off, because amazon DB cost 150 EUR per month.

Now we use Elastic search as Search Ready - https://www.searchready.cz - on the shop - www.karcher-satter.cz
Or Ajax Search from Rupostel - look at the www.zelenazeme.cz or www.cannadorra.hu

EIF

hmm, didn't knew rupostel had ajax search. I will contact him, I prefer Rupostel.

bestcons

In the absence of a Virtuemart smart search option, I installed in Joomla 4: pkg-search-4.1.0. The module can be downloaded from https://github.com/joomla-extensions/search/releases/download/4.1.0/pkg-search-4.1.0.zip. The older version is present in Joomla 3. This offers us to search both in Joomla 4 and Virtuemart 4!