News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Displaying a list of all products on the main page

Started by Aleksxander, December 23, 2021, 10:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksxander

Hello. Please tell me how to display a list of all products on the main page.

Studio 42

Do you use a Joomla menu type > VIrtuemart > Category ?

Aleksxander

Quote from: Studio 42 on December 23, 2021, 11:25:03 AM
Do you use a Joomla menu type > VIrtuemart > Category ?
Now I use this option. I want to make it possible to display all the products of the store on the main page.

pinochico

QuoteI want to make it possible to display all the products of the store on the main page.

Yes, is possible - So you have the right solution - just use the settings as Patrick wrote - use menu type Show products from category.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Aleksxander

Quote from: pinochico on December 23, 2021, 20:45:59 PM
QuoteI want to make it possible to display all the products of the store on the main page.
Yes, is possible - So you have the right solution - just use the settings as Patrick wrote - use menu type Show products from category.
I want to display products not from one category, but from all categories that are in the catalog

pinochico

Yes, that is right, we use this setup on the shops and then I see all products from all categories on one page :)

Of course, in really we don't use it, because show all products in one page if we have shops with 220 000 products big mistake, but as you wish :)
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

@Aleksxander - Yes, use the category layout. Set the value for Frontend default items per list view in VM Configuration/Templates to be higher than your number of products so there is no pagination. Be aware that in a store with many hundreds of products that page may be slow to load.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Aleksxander

Quote from: pinochico on December 24, 2021, 14:36:48 PM
Yes, that is right, we use this setup on the shops and then I see all products from all categories on one page :)
Of course, in really we don't use it, because show all products in one page if we have shops with 220 000 products big mistake, but as you wish :)
That is, when choosing the option - Category, do not select a specific Category. And then there will be products from all Categories? Thanks, I'll try.

pinochico

We use 1st category == Shops products

But careful, a lot of products on one page is mistake.

Aleksxander

Thanks, it worked. In the menu I chose - Virtuemart - Category. But I did not choose the category itself, I left it  -  Top Level Category.