News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error message when i want to open/change a product in products

Started by Mr_Hunter, December 18, 2021, 13:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Hunter

Hello!
Does perhaps someone knows what causes this errror?

0 Missing format specifier at end of string

This happens when i want to open an product.
Perhaps it could happen from an joomla update?
Its installed version 3.10.4 and virtuemart 3.8.8 10472
It´s on php 8.0.14

sscheidegger

Hello

I had the same error after updating from PHP 7.3 to PHP 8.0.13. I found the problem was caused by errors in several language files. As I'm using German admin language, I had to fix the language file /var/www/glzh/administrator/language/de-DE/de-DE.com_virtuemart.ini:

Before:
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_EMAIL_SHOPPERS_SUBJECT="Mitteilung bezüglich dem Produkt %"
New:
COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_EMAIL_SHOPPERS_SUBJECT="Mitteilung bezüglich dem Produkt %1s"

Other language strings with errors:
/var/www/glzh/administrator/language/es-ES/es-ES.com_virtuemart.ini   COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_EMAIL_SHOPPERS_SUBJECT
/var/www/glzh/administrator/language/th-TH/th-TH.com_virtuemart.ini    COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_EMAIL_SHOPPERS_SUBJECT
/var/www/glzh/language/pl-PL/pl-PL.com_virtuemart.ini    COM_VIRTUEMART_WELCOME_USER
/var/www/glzh/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.com_virtuemart.ini    COM_VIRTUEMART_WELCOME_USER
/var/www/glzh/language/ru-RU/ru-RU.com_virtuemart.ini  COM_VIRTUEMART_WELCOME_USER

@VirtueMart Developers: Could you please fix this in the next release?

Thanks a lot,
Stefan

Joomla 3.9.27 and VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472
PHP 8.0.13