News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

New TAX rules for webshop owners w.e.f. 01 July 2021

Started by cback, June 28, 2021, 13:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cback

Hi guys,

Not sure if it's been posted about anywhere here yet, but could not find it.

So I would like to know if VM is ready for the new tax rules which come into effect from July 1st 2021 (at least here in the Netherlands).  There will need to be communication between Virtuemart (or Joomla, I am not clued up on this) and the accounting software (I am using Acumulus), since the orders are sent by batch periodically to Acumulus.  The issue is the following:

Currently, it is possible to have more than 10K turnover to consumers based in EU (excl. Netherlands) and still apply the Dutch tax. So on all these sales the Dutch VAT/tax is added, which is 21%.
From July, they want to limit the annual intra EU consumer based turnover to a max. of 10K where Dutch VAT is applied.  Anything over and above this, will require that the consumer's local tax/VAT must be applied to the order/sale.  Now my accounting software will keep track of this limit.  It can indicate when the 10K limit is reached.  The question is, as soon as that happens, VM will need to start applying the local tax rate to the consumer orders automatically.   Since there are 27 EU countries, is VM able to handle this and what is the current status regarding integration with the accounting software?
I need to know how this is going to be possible and how it needs to be implemented please.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

cback