Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

constant errors of "Username already exists"

Started by ssm971, November 26, 2021, 22:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssm971

Joomla! 3.10.3 Stable and VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472

Hello,

I ask for help to repair an error that is constant in the "user registration"... several people are reporting that they are not being able to register due to an error that appears "Username already exists"... how do I fix this error?

I've researched this forum and i couldn't find anything current that can help me! Att. Thank.

pinochico

Quotehow do I fix this error?

Ehy do you mean is this error?

Is no error, is features
From J3.8 (I think) in DB table user was added username as unique index.

I'm surprised you don't know this crucial information.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

Find the language constant that shows the message "Username already exists" (or where the actual message is) and override it to include "Please use a different username" or words to that effect.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

It could also be included in the JavaScript File responsible for evaluating the input.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

ssm971

Quote from: pinochico on November 27, 2021, 02:02:19 AM
Quotehow do I fix this error?

Ehy do you mean is this error?

Is no error, is features
From J3.8 (I think) in DB table user was added username as unique index.

I'm surprised you don't know this crucial information.

Hello Pinochico,

I may have used the expression "error" in a pejorative way and / or erroneously ... the fact is that I already knew of this change, but the "client" who is making a registration has no obligation to know ... and this is causing a user to leak before they even make a possible purchase.

ssm971

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 27, 2021, 11:31:32 AM
Find the language constant that shows the message "Username already exists" (or where the actual message is) and override it to include "Please use a different username" or words to that effect.

Hello Jenkinhill,

it would be a good option to change in the language constant, but the problem continues, after the user fills in several fields and when it receives this warning "Username already exists", the fields delete and you must fill in again... This is a demotivation for the user.

ssm971

Quote from: Jörgen on November 27, 2021, 13:57:36 PM
It could also be included in the JavaScript File responsible for evaluating the input.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Hello Jörgen,

sorry, but my knowledge in PHP and JavaScript are greatly reduced... I have no idea how and where to insert... the path and code. Thank you.

pinochico

Quoteit would be a good option to change in the language constant, but the problem continues, after the user fills in several fields and when it receives this warning "Username already exists", the fields delete and you must fill in again... This is a demotivation for the user.

Not delete, if you right change/fix/develop/setup the VM registration form - with basic skills php and JS

We prepared this - fields are filled after error still nad not deleted, but I don't know how (I have developers in our company) - this solutions we use long time from VM2 (VM is not ready for top e-commerce solutions and need a lot of little fix/change...)

Basic idea I have with edit form in php, but if you need different solutions, then you have to wait for others, maybe these put exactly code :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

ssm971

Quote from: pinochico on November 27, 2021, 15:43:17 PM
Quoteit would be a good option to change in the language constant, but the problem continues, after the user fills in several fields and when it receives this warning "Username already exists", the fields delete and you must fill in again... This is a demotivation for the user.

Not delete, if you right change/fix/develop/setup the VM registration form - with basic skills php and JS

We prepared this - fields are filled after error still nad not deleted, but I don't know how (I have developers in our company) - this solutions we use long time from VM2 (VM is not ready for top e-commerce solutions and need a lot of little fix/change...)

Basic idea I have with edit form in php, but if you need different solutions, then you have to wait for others, maybe these put exactly code :)

Hello Pinochico,

Would you be able to present this change/solution you have and tell you where to hit and indicate the path (folder and file)? Maybe it'll help a lot of people.