News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What user permission to see unpublished categories in product backend?

Started by gba, November 25, 2021, 18:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gba

Hello!

VM 3.8.9 10473
Joomla!3.10.3

I have created a user group with all permissions 'not allowed', except the following ones (see also attachment):
- Access Administration Interface
- Product access
- Product edit
- Product create

Users assigned to this user group are not able to see unpublished product categories in product backend.
What user permission is needed for that?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Gerald

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

gba

Hi!

Thank you for your message.
Is that a question or a statement?
What does 'Category edit state' allow? (any documentation anywhere?)

Kind regards,
Gerald

Studio 42

gba

'Category edit state' does not make a difference in this issue.
'Category access' indeed makes also the unpublished categories available in product backend. What else does this permission allow?
And why does VM make a difference between published and unpublished categories in the product backend at all?

EDIT: VM-Team?

gba

Is there really noone, who can tell me where I can find comprehensive information on what effects which permission does have in VirtueMart?

Milbo

Edit state is a joomla thing and means to change the "state" of an item. Usually used for "published".

If it works for "category Access" the bug is, that you were able to visit it. So it handled you at least just as public user, so there are no unpublished categories for the public.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gba

Hi all!

It turned out, that there was a bug until VM 3.8.9 10578 not showing the unpublished product categories to users with permission 'Product edit'.
The bug is fixed now in VM 3.8.9 10580.

Thank you Max!

Kind regards,
Gerald