Problem (bug) with custom product sorting inside product categories

Started by Graph_1802, June 08, 2020, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graph_1802

Hi,

I have problems with the custom product sorting feature.

My virtuemart version is the 3.8.2, installed on the 4.7.1 Joomla version.

Inside the configuration section I have selected "Default product sort order: order"

Inside the backend I go to product section and select a category.

Then I choose a custom order, using drag and drop, and save (see the image attached as an example);

after saving the products sorting order returns the previous.

Can someone help me with this bug?

Many thanks.

jjk

I guess 'Joomla 4.7.1' is a typo, because there is no version with that number.
However, try entering the ascending numerical values into the number fields for the categories and then click the 'Save' ordering button (The small button between Ordering and Published).
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Graph_1802

Hi,

thank you very much for the reply: and yes, you're right, my joomla version is the 3.9.19... it has been a typo...

I have tried to manually insert the sortig number and then saved but the order remains the same.

Milbo

I just tested it myself.

When you select a category, you can change the ordering values. The idea is here, that it is very often just one product to move and so you just enter a new number and store that. The test is then NOT that you see a new ordering of the list. Because for that you must also sort the list according to the ordering.

When you selected a category and are using the ordering as sorting and all products fit on one page, then you see also the small icons for dragndrop.

In any case to store the new order, you must use the "save order" button
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Graph_1802

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but my problem is not that I don't see the small icons for the drag&drop, nor that, before saving, I can't change the order.

My problem is precisely that I can't store the new order when I click on "save order" button.

In other words: before I click to save the order the products assume the disposition I gave them. After I click on "save order" button, the order returns the pervius one.

pinochico

Did you also check the JS for errors in the administration?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

zbig

Quote from: grafichero on June 16, 2020, 14:31:30 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply, but my problem is not that I don't see the small icons for the drag&drop, nor that, before saving, I can't change the order.
My problem is precisely that I can't store the new order when I click on "save order" button.
In other words: before I click to save the order the products assume the disposition I gave them. After I click on "save order" button, the order returns the pervius one.

I have the same problem. I can't sort order by category and products. J3.9.19 and VM 3.8.4 10335 PHP 7.3.11 or 7.4.4

Graph_1802

Quote from: pinochico on June 16, 2020, 15:47:31 PM
Did you also check the JS for errors in the administration?
Hi,
I only see a warning that appeares for a moment which you can see attached

barbara

I am also having this problem - but not on every category, there are 3-4 categories where the 'save order' button just refreshes the screen, but the order is not saved

Joomla 3.10.2
VM 3.8.8