[SOLVED]Error 1054 in #_virtuemart_products_en_gb Table [VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661]

Started by cmb, May 29, 2022, 19:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmb

Occasionally while editing products in VirtueMart, I'll notice some problem such as a misspelled word that I suspect I'll find in several other products. I'm working with over 1,000 products so I'll switch to PHPMyAdmin to do a regular expression search. In the past that has quickly provided a list of products to be corrected.

If the results show that there are candidates in the #_virtuemart_products_en_gb database table, I try to open that table for inspection in PHPMyAdmin. Now I am receiving this error message: #1054 - Unknown column 'id' in 'order clause.' Of course, the table does not have an id column. This is new behavior, perhaps since the most recent VirtueMart revision.

If I try to browse that table in PHPMyAdmin, I receive the same error message. I can successfully perform a 'manual' search by constructing a MySQL query in the SQL tab of PHPMyAdmin by omitting or modifying the order clause.

I have reinstalled VirtueMart. I have Enabled the database Update tools. In VirtueMart Tools, I have Installed/Updated the Tables. I have Optimized the database. I have updated the collation of the VirtueMart tables from the old utf8_general_ci to utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

(The optimization, by the way, did not remove 6.4 KiB of overhead from the 1.5 MB #_virtuemart_products_en_gb table. Also, the overhead in the #_virtuemart_product_medias table was not removed.)

The #1054 error remains. What shall I do next?

20220604 Additional Information
I have recently discovered that the error displayed on my local site is not shown on the public server. Perhaps you might find a clue in this listing.

The site running on a Kubuntu computer (exhibits error):
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla 3.10.9
PHP 7.4.16
MySQL 8.0.27
PHPMyAdmin 5.0.4deb2~bpo10+1+focal1
Database Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Table Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
PHP extension: mysqli curl mbstring
Database Server type: MySQL
Database Version: 8.0.27-0ubuntu0.21.04.1 - (Ubuntu)

The site running on the public host server (works as expected):
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla 3.10.9
PHP 7.4.29
MySQL version unknown
PHPMyAdmin 4.9.7
Database Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
Table collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
PHP extension: mysqli curl mbstring
Database Server type: Percona Server
Database Version: 5.6.41-84.1 - Percona Server (GPL), Release 84.1, Revision b308619
Charles

Milbo

Looks for me like an error oh phpmyadmin, which expects that there is an column named id, which is in your case virtuemart_product_id.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

cmb

Thank you for the hint! I went into the configuration of my PHPMyAdmin program to fix it.

The path to the setting varies but in my PHPMyAdmin version 5.0.4deb2~bpo10+1+focal1, it is:

Home > Settings > Main Panel button > Browse Mode tab. Scroll down to and uncheck "Remember table's sorting checkbox."
Charles