Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Vendor and Customer not receiving confirmation emails

Started by ukfish1, September 21, 2021, 11:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukfish1

VM: 3.2.14
Joomla: 3.10.2

When an order is placed, the vendor receives emails from PayPal to say there has been an order but there are no emails being sent from Virtuemart to the vendor or the customer to say an order has been placed.

This was working sometime in the past but seems to have stopped lately.

Any help would be great

Paul

Jörgen

Old VM version and probably old extensions.

Updated to php 7 ?

Updated or added new extensions ?

Php is most likely or some jscript issue, look into debug log for php errors and console for jscript errors.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Also check the order status being returned by Paypal.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

ukfish1

thanks for the help.

I have updated Virtuemart. We are using PHP 7.3

I just did a test purchase (although didn't make payment at PayPal) and when I went into the backend and changed the order status from "pending" to "confirmed" it sent an email confirmng the order to the vendor and customer. Will check when the next order is placed that these are being received correctly when the order is placed rather than when the order stsuts is changed by us.

Thanks, paul

jenkinhill

In current VM versions, ordermail on status pending can be sent to the vendor but not the shopper. Pending would normally mean that an order has been placed but no payment yet made.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum