News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Email value is missing during checkout

Started by pm4698, September 13, 2021, 10:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm4698

Hi there. Using Joomla 3.9.17 and Virtuemart 3.8.8. I have all 3rd party checkouts disabled.
My VM configuration settings are:
One Page Checkout enabled (tried with check and uncheck)
Show checkout steps ->yes
On checkout, ask for registration->yes
Only registered users can checkout->no

So when I am in the checkout page I see a note: Missing email value. If I try to confirm order, it reloads in the same page with the same message and I also see the option to login at the top and then below the edit billing options with the 3 buttons (register, checkout as guest and cancel). If I hit checkout as guest I am in the same loop. Also the strange thing is that if I hit register then I see an error: Save failed with this message: Please enter your name, even though I  have all data there but also shouldn't I see an email field somewhere in the checkout? (Because I don't)

Thank you all in advance

Jörgen

Have You removed fields that are mandatory for Joomla registration to work? For example username ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pm4698

Remove from where? From shopper fields? No. In shopper fields there are fields like username, email and password

Jörgen

You have five fields that are mandatory and should be published, are they ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pm4698

Email, username, name, password and password2 are in shopper fields and published

Jörgen

Do You have a custom template ?
Email should of course be visible in checkout.

An image would be nice.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pm4698

I am attaching screenshot from checkout. I use Yootheme builder/VMUIkit for my Joomla/VM appearance. Also I am looking for mail attributes inside the produced code in case something is hidden via css but nothing. Its like nothing is there

Jörgen

In english please

Test with VMBeez3 template instead to ruke out template issues.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

pm4698

Using other default joomla template shows the required fields. Thing is I don't understand why. Inside my template's folder inside html i have no override files for virtuemart.

Jörgen

This can be also be done with a plugin and jscript overrides in the DOM. Check with Your template provider and see what the say.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

GJC Web Design

Yootheme builder/VMUIkit totally replaces most views in VM by system plugins..

plugins\system\vmuikitx_onepage\cart\tmpl\  etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jörgen

Thank You GJC, I suspected that it would be the case. This is tricky when you are used to look in the standard template directories  ;)

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x