News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal Email to Vendor

Started by Traveller47, September 13, 2021, 09:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

Turning of IPN will allow the IPN message to be processed.

Vendor email is not based on customer registration  - it is based on your order status settings

https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/configuration-menu/configuration.html#orders

"Default Order Status to send email to shopper/Default Order Status to send email to Vendor"
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Tryer

Thanks again.
The default status to send emails to vendor is confirmed, cancelled etc but the vendor receives no email when the cust9mer is logged in as registered user. Sounds odd, but that does seem to be the case.

Tryer

Can anyone please offer any further comments/help. I am still stuck with this problem.
I note that the VM PayPal plu8n is flagged as " no information" by the Joomla compatibility check in v 3.10.2. Maybe that is irrelevant?

The shop products on this site are divided into two categories. Category A is visible to all visitors and Categories A and B are both visible to registered users. The orders which do not generate vendor emails are, currently, always from Category B. This led me to wonder whether registration/login were relevant in some way.

As a secondary issue, I cannot see how the set the PayPal plugin to include product details in the PayPal payment notification email.

Comments will be very much appreciated.

Jörgen

You do NOT set this in the plugin, you set this in the PayPal Payment method in Virtuemart. Each plugin can serve multiple Payment methods with separate settings.

I can not find this setting either right now, but I am using a very old VM version.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Quote from: Tryer on September 16, 2021, 10:31:09 AM
I note that the VM PayPal plu8n is flagged as " no information" by the Joomla compatibility check in v 3.10.2. Maybe that is irrelevant?

That is irrelevant until you migrate to Joomla 4. Compatibility information will be added once a stable J4 version of VM is released.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Tryer

Thanks for the replies. I will check this ASAP and maybe it will prove to be a substitute for the missing VM vendor email.

Traveller47

I checked  the VM Paypal payment method but cannot find any option to include product details in the vendors payment notification email.

Jörgen

I think there have been issues, mostly rounding errors. This because VM and Paypal do not perform rounding the same way.

That could be the reason the option to send product details to Paypal is not available any more.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Traveller47

Thank you - that is useful information.
OK, so I am back to trying to get the VM vendor email to work consistently accross all the site orders.