News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Paypal Email to Vendor

Started by Traveller47, September 13, 2021, 09:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveller47

I am using Joomla 3.10.0, VM version 3.88 (plugins all 3.8.8) and PHP 7.3.27.

I am confused! The vendor receives a notification from Paypal that a new order has been placed and payment made. But the vendor has no idea what has been ordered. Does VM send a separate email to the vendor with order/product details or should all the info be in the Paypal email?

Comments appreciated.

Jörgen

I think You can ask the PayPal payment method to add products and details in the info that is sent to Paypal. Normally You only send the total amount and ordernumber to PayPal. This is what PayPal then returns in their receipt.

VM sends an orderconfimation email to the vendor and the customerif You want it. You have to set up which order status sends or not sends emails to customer and vendor. It is found in VM back end Configuration->Configuration.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Traveller47

Thank you for the reply.
In VM/Config/Config I have set "Default Order Status to send email to vendor" to "confirmed by shopper", "confirmed", "cancelled" and "refunded". However, no email is received by the vendor. I have two email addresses set to receive these emails, one is person1@myhost.com and the other is person2@btinternet.com.
I think the vendor emails probably disappeared with a VM update but I cannot be sure.
Any comments will be appreciated.

Jörgen

Are You receiving other vendor emails for other things like waiting list?
Have You checked your spam ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Traveller47

I've checked spam and that is not the problem. Not sure of waiting lists. This is not a very busy shop and gets only a couple of orders per week or so.

Jörgen

Are the customers getting their email ?
You can test this under order editing using an order status update.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Traveller47

Sorry, I don't understand how to check whether customers get their email.

Jörgen

1 Create an order, with Your email.
2 Confirm this order
3 Check also other statuses in order editing.

See if the customer and vendor receives email.

Check also settings for smtp email or similar in Joomla settings. They could be wrong.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Traveller47

Thanks again for your comments - the help is appreciated.
The results from my test order are confusing. The customer and the vendor both received their order emails correctly, but a previous order from a "real" customer produced only a Paypal email - nothing from VM.
The Joomla email setting is currently set to PHP mail.

Jörgen

Was the real orders orderstatus of the order correctly updated ? Orderstatus = payed or confirmed ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Traveller47

Thanks again. The order status was "Confirmed".

GJC Web Design

and is there a received IPN from Paypal  or an IPN sent in the paypal admin?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Traveller47

I turned off the IPN check a few weeks back because VM suddenly started reporting IPN errors with the payment method. (Paypal).

AH

If you turn off VM IPN check - it handles the IPN sent by PayPal without bothering to check for known PayPal servers

IPN's are still sent from PayPal and handled by VM based on your settings and the IPN status sent via PayPal
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Tryer

Thanks for the comments.
Still not sure whether to turn off IPN check but it has  stopped PayPal error messages.
I think I may now see the difference between the orders that send a vendor email and those that do not. The orders that send vendor emails correctly are placed when the user is not registered and hence not logged in. Those that do not send vendor emails correctly are those from registered, logged in customers.

Comments appreciated.