Is there any VM-plugin in to sell subscription for digital joomla content?

Started by t68, February 15, 2019, 08:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t68

Hi!
I´m running a site with a VM-shop where we sell physical products and some downloads.
Now we´re looking into expanding into a subscription business model where we want to offer digital content on the site for a monthly or yearly fee.
Crucial is to sell subscriptions in the same webshop as the products, VM.
I´ve been searching for plugins that can manage this and have only found one:
https://codingmall.com/products-mainmenu-8/196-virtuemart-subscription-manager
Has any one used this? Any experiences to share?
Are there any other VM extensions that does this that I´ve missed?
I´ve found numerous joomla plugins for subscriptions but these all mean setting up a parallell shop/payment. And that is a no go for us.
Thanks for any help regarding this!

Hawker

VM v. 3.4.2
Joomla v. 3.9.5
PHP v. 7.2.1

Studio 42

Can this not be a content in the product ?
In this case you can use a product plugin that only display the content for user that buy a subscription.
I have already do this for videos streaming. The subscription is only one product and after the users can show all videos in the shop or the user can buy only 1 video.

stargazer1682

Quote from: Studio 42 on June 30, 2019, 23:30:37 PM
Can this not be a content in the product ?
In this case you can use a product plugin that only display the content for user that buy a subscription.
I have already do this for videos streaming. The subscription is only one product and after the users can show all videos in the shop or the user can buy only 1 video.

Apologies for drudging up a two year old post, but would it be possible to get some more info on using Virtuemart to sell variable streaming access?  Is there reference documentation somewhere that would help? I've worked out the logistics of putting the content on a Joomla site, but now we're trying to figure out how to sell the access so that users can do specific videos, with the options to purchase access more than one video.  But I've never done digital content through Virtuemart before.
Thanks

GJC Web Design

I have done a couple of sites that are selling video content thru VM.  In these cases the video is on Youtube or Vimeo private channels so what my code does is simply allow them access to particular videos once they have bought access.
the access has a time period and they are automatically "unsubscribed" when this period is over..

The videos are products so if they have not "purchased" the video they just see it "for sale" .. if they have purchased they can stream the video..

Direct links to the videos are also available in their Account area.

If u want to know more just PM or email me
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

Virtuemart do not support directly restriction for digital content but as explained by me and  GJC, you can do it using a product plugin but you need to buy it or create it