Variants of related products open as full „productdetails” page where they are

Started by man.of.earth, August 09, 2021, 10:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

man.of.earth

Hello,

I noticed that, in the case of the related products with multiple variants, the variants selected open as full ,,productdetails" page right where they are, causing a type of Matioska effect. The page keeps increasing with every selection of a related product variant, of a related product variant and so on.
See that here: https://test.proxima-mundi.ro/produs-1

jenkinhill

This does not happen with the default VM template system, so check your overrides.  Test with Protostar
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pinochico

To vypadá strašně a nepoužitelně pro produkční eshop.
Kliknul jsem na variantu a pak na další vzniklou variantu v souvisejících produktech a zacyklil jsem se.
Okamžitě zavírám a jdu na jiný eshop, evidentně je VirtueMart po upgradech a vylepšeních čím dále tím více nepoužitelný v praxi.

Logicky by se neměla na produkčním eshopu objevovat možnost variant v souvisejících produktech, jen odkaz na detail rodičovského produktu, ale bůh ví co aktuálně je v instalaci VM a proč je to takto po instalaci? :)
Obecně tedy sublayout related products nepoužíváme a raději používáme svůj vlastní modul pro zobrazení produktů (kde jsou součástí i související produkty), takže tyto problémy nemáme, ale chápu, že ne všichni chtějí utrácet za rozšíření 3d party.

---

It looks awful and unusable for a production eshop.
I clicked on a variant and then on another variant in the related products and I cycled in.
I close immediately and go to another e-shop, obviously VirtueMart is becoming more and more unusable in practice after upgrades and improvements.

Logically, the possibility of variants in related products should not appear on the production e-shop, only a link to the detail of the parent product, but God knows what is currently in the VM installation and why is it like this after the installation? :)
So, in general, we don't use sublayout related products, and we prefer to use our own product display module (where related products are included), so we don't have these issues, but I understand that not everyone wants to spend on expanding a 3d party.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

jenkinhill

If you don't want custom options to appear on related products display then turn off the add to cart button display for related products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

man.of.earth

I do want custom options to appear.

I set protostar as template, but now I see it selects totally different products than the ones in the dropdown of the related product(s).

So, it has problems selecting the correct products, and selecting the target frame/window where it shows them.