News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No Shop Currency defined! (quickstart package issue)

Started by chrisdevelop, June 29, 2021, 09:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisdevelop

There are so many people with this error No Shop Currency defined!  which shows when they change currency, which in a good shop should never be a problem.
The default is always $ Dollars, yet if you change the currency from $ doller to as i did £ UK Pounds all myself and many others get is No Shop Currency defined! .

Why is this such a problem for Virtumart to fix.  Its this error alone that put off people from buying it, and does nothing for Virtumarts reputation to fix what should be easy.  Also there are a ton of others include an import/export with their shops, or does Virtumart expect people to type in every product.

Virtumart need to provide a fix for this No Shop Currency defined! problem and quick, because at the moment it appears that they just cannot be bothered.  Im running the latest Virtumart with the Latest Joomla versions, and im on the verge of giving up.

My boss took my suggestion to use Virtumart, now with the project 5 days overdue, its making me look a fool and my boss is losing trust in me.  I have tried everything from re installing to just loading Joomla then adding Virtumart, but i still get No Shop Currency defined! .

It almost seems like Virtumart does not want you to have any other currency other than $ Dollars.  So my question to Virtumart is:

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS?.  WHEN IS A PATCH COMING OUT?  HOW MUCH LONGER ARE YOU GOING TO CAUSE STRESS TO PEOPLE BY NOT FIXING THIS.

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Quote from: chrisdevelop on June 29, 2021, 09:43:40 AM

The default is always $ Dollars, yet if you change the currency from $ doller to as i did £ UK Pounds all myself and many others get is No Shop Currency defined! .

@chrisdevelop did you use a quickstart package?  Last time I saw a problem like this was with a client who used a template monster package to set up his store as he thought it would be quicker.  If I remember correctly there were problems with the vendor IDs which interfered with the shop currency and payment currency config.

IMHO a configuration issue is the most likely reason for your problem.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

chrisdevelop

Yes it was a quickstart package from smart addons

chrisdevelop

However i did try one thing on a different development folder.  I loaded the latest Joomla then i added Virtumart, went to change currency and got exactly the same thing, No currency defind, so i dont think its the quickstart package the problem is in virtumart itself.

I dont know what this is so difficult to sort, its should be so easy to change a currency.  Select GBP and select GBP as the acceptable currency and bang it should be done.  The amount of time and effort in trying to get this sorted is ridiculous. Virtumart should have sorted this ages ago instead of its users having to go into the DB or SQL to try and resolve.  At this rate will would warn people who know nothing about programming and think it all works just starting for the first time to stay well away from Virtumart, if this small item gives so much trouble.

I am still no nearer sorting this.  I am quite happy for you to look at the backend, but this is getting beyond me as I myself are not good at doing SQL queries.

Jörgen

Not much to go on, you do not seem to much stressed because You do not send any images screenshots of Your settings.

You have not defined any accepted currrencies.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

chrisdevelop

That was already in there, i assume it was on the package when it was sent, i have not added it, and i would have no idea how to get rid of it as only 1 ID shows

Jörgen

This is a broken user, thanks to Your quick start package. Difficult to make a program that thinks of every possible afulty submissions.
Go into Your PHPadmin and loose this user.
The data table is
your-prefix_virtuemart_vmusers

There are two columns you should sort and check "virtuemart_vendor_id" and "user_is_vendor". There can only be one vendor marked as vendor (think Highlander) in a non multivendor setup, (user_is_vendor = 1).

If there are more than one vendor (virtuemart_vendor_id > 0) then delete these entries or at least make sure the vendor_id is unique.

How to use PhpMyAdmin is beyond the scope for this reply.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

chrisdevelop

When i went to virtuemart_vmuser there were 6 showing i have deleted all bar 337 which is mine.

id   virtuemart_vendor_user_id   virtuemart_user_id  this has no entries in it

virtuemart_vendors shows vendor ID 1

virtuemart_vendors_en_gb shows ID 1

virtuemart_vmusers shows as per screenshot

Jörgen

Vendor_id should be 1 and is_vendor should be 1 for your user.
Make sure next created user Will have index > 337.
This is shown for the user table in phpadmin. If not correct otherwise there Will be some funny stuff going on when users are added. 
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

chrisdevelop

Currently 337 is already there so should i delete that as well as shown in the screen shit should i change that to 1 or delete it

Jörgen

Leave this user, but set the two columns virtuemart_user_id = 1 and user_is_vendor = 1 for this user only.

And look for the next auto increment value, for this table it should be greater than 337. Or else you will get a new user some time with the same index number.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

chrisdevelop

Iv now done all of that yet the error still persists.  This is now highly frustrating, there has to be a way of clearing this.

Would it help if you had a look at the back end or SQL.

Im supposed to have this site up and running by Friday and im going to be in big trouble, because at the moment I have no idea how to correct this