News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

WebP image support for FancyBox

Started by sandomatyas, June 02, 2021, 14:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Smith

Quote from: razor7 on July 27, 2021, 16:11:02 PM
Cooooool, this topic saved my day! this is just what I was looking for. Hope WebP, SVG and JXL gets supported by VM.

Yes, this will be an important marketing bullet point for VirtueMart v4.   :P

Andrew

pinochico

Don't think about marketing for VirtueMart, but finally think for everyone from the real point of view of e-shop owners (fortunately, the goals of e-shop owners are not the same as the goals of VirtueMart developers).

WebP can be used using plugins to Joomla (dj-extensions, rupostel)
SVG can be used all over the web now (preferably after a slight adjustment of Joomla settings)
JXL - before the support of browsers, all e-shops that will be waiting for programmers will disappear here in the discussion, because google will penalize them for core vitals and speed from 1.6.2021.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Andrew Smith

Google is about to become more brutal in penalising slow sites?

Andrew

pinochico

He's already doing it
since moving from the beta version of Core Vitals to the full version.

A common template with VirtueMart now has a rating of 20-30% == is in the red band == this site is not recommended for display in search results because it contains critical errors.
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Andrew Smith

Thanks for that.  Is there a link for somewhere we can go for further reading on this?

Andrew

pinochico

Milbo

Quote from: Studio 42 on July 27, 2021, 13:49:51 PM
If you support WEBP in fancybox, please support uploading and resizing webp images.
And SVG should also be supported(no need to resize, but need the right link)
Thanks

SVG works, as far as I know. Tell me what I have to add/change and I wlll do. But dont wonder, I am in holidays next weeks.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: hazael on July 27, 2021, 22:15:12 PM
On Virtuemart SVG displays without any problems. Programmers just have to ignore generating thumbnails because it doesn't make sense - SVG is vector graphics. Now, in order not to display errors with thumbnails, it is enough to enter the same address for the thumbnails.

Okey, I get it. Should be easy to write this simple exception.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: pinochico on July 28, 2021, 08:35:39 AM
Don't think about marketing for VirtueMart, but finally think for everyone from the real point of view of e-shop owners (fortunately, the goals of e-shop owners are not the same as the goals of VirtueMart developers).

This is rude and just not true. Or I dont understand what you want to say.

Any developer here is webshop owner and/or manages shops for clients.

Milbo

Quote from: Milbo on July 28, 2021, 20:36:20 PM
Quote from: hazael on July 27, 2021, 22:15:12 PM
On Virtuemart SVG displays without any problems. Programmers just have to ignore generating thumbnails because it doesn't make sense - SVG is vector graphics. Now, in order not to display errors with thumbnails, it is enough to enter the same address for the thumbnails.

Okey, I get it. Should be easy to write this simple exception.

The fun fact. I just added 3-4 days ago the orginal width, height, ratio to the media table. It is set for the original image. The idea is that we always set the height and  width for lazyload. But we also need that for the svg, I assume.

sirius

Hi Milbo

Just a simple comment :
Yes for SVG, the width and height should always match the size of the frame displayed on the screen in which the image is located, because it define the size of the SVG that we want on screen.
And if you do not set width and height, that's the container of the SVG that will define the size, and as google will test the image on it's own, and as SVG fill up the screen, you'll have an error in webmastertools for the mobile ergonomics because of Content larger than the screen.
(I had the case, that's why I'm talking about it)

Regards
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

Studio 42

hazael,
It's the solution for you but not for all shop manager.
The devs have only to check the file extension and disable the thumbs creation for SVG, so you have not to manually add the link, because it's more user friendly.

Milbo

jpeg is now thumbnailed as jpg and works. Just check the new version and tell me what is missing now. I "lost" a bit track, but you know what I mean. You know your requests, I could recherche it, but then I would be again theory puppet.

So just check vm4.0.2 and tell me, what is missing. You need to enter the same link for the thumbnail so that it works as expected, I wonder how I can write a workaround for that.

pimo

Hello, today I installed the VirtueMart 4.0.14 10805 version. I had some problems that were indicated in the forum as being corrected and would come out in later versions.
Webp images is one of them, but I can't get it to work in Virtuemart.
In Joomla I do have some webp images, including the logo and it looks good.

The modification explained in this post did not have the corrections that are mentioned in this post, the previous version of Vistuemart was 4.0.12

What can be?

pinochico

QuoteWebp images is one of them, but I can't get it to work in Virtuemart.

pls you have to find better - etc. rupostel.com
In OPC is plugin for webp, we use with VirtueMart

Look at this site: www.zelenazeme.cz