News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Quotation mark problem

Started by marvays, May 13, 2021, 08:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

Hello. I have an e-shop with bows, crossbows and arrows. In the product name I have the length of the bow in inches. However, Virtuemart cannot display quotation marks well. Replaces & quot;

Example: Lazecký OLIVER Z dětský luk 52"

Breadcrumbs: www.lukysipy.cz  - Luky  - Dětské luky  - Lazecký OLIVER Z dětský luk 52"

<title>Lazecký OLIVER Z dětský luk 52&quot; - Lazecký &amp; Měch</title>

This error is then taken over by search engines, xml feed and the like. Where can the problem be?
live link to product

pinochico

We use on www.kolo-park.cz:

size of cycle.

Is not quot, but other chars.

Xml feed function well.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

sirius

Hi
Did you try &Prime; that become ″ ?
Double prime is normally what everybody should use instead of double quote to tell about inches.
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

pinochico

QuoteDouble prime is normally what everybody should use instead of double quote to tell about inches.

Yes, Therefore, in easyfeeder there is a php function str_replace
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

marvays

Quote from: sirius on May 13, 2021, 16:22:01 PM
Hi
Did you try &Prime; that become ″ ?
Double prime is normally what everybody should use instead of double quote to tell about inches.
&Prime; is good idea. It is a regular mark for the thumbs. But it also doesn't work.

But. . . i did some tests and it looks like a JoomSEF problem. Not VM. I'll write later when I work it out.

man.of.earth

You could use double apostrophe '' instead of quote ".