News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

To Stream or Not to Stream: what's that feature?

Started by dr.spot86, April 26, 2021, 16:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr.spot86

Hello

I've been using VirtueMart for a long time now, with some interruptions. I have used Istraxx's Shipment for virtual products plugin a lot (for digital products like ebooks and other types of digital goods), but I don't quite understand what is meant by "streaming".

For the first time I started selling videos / webinars a few days ago.

And I would like to have the download link redirect to a browser page upon purchase to be viewed "streaming", which I thought the plugin did. Instead, when placing an order, it happens that the video is always downloaded. From mobile, a window appears for a moment with the play button and then an icon with the play button crossed out (indicating that streaming cannot be performed).

So, I ask you: what is meant by "streaming" and how can I get the desired effect?

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

dr.spot86

Ok, but in that case how can I "sell" the link to the content in a private manner? I use Vimeo and I know I can hide videos, but how can this be done via VirtueMart?

pinochico

Hmmm, I don't know really, because I use guru
Maybe others?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products