News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Remove order confirmation email tracking info

Started by zheekan, April 20, 2021, 12:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zheekan

Quote from: Jörgen on April 22, 2021, 23:47:01 PM
@zheekan

Thanks for Your input, I appreciate that You have a sensible approach and more insight than many other web developers.Every project, paid or not is depending on involved users. I hope we haven´t scared You off and that You will continue to be a VM user.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

I must admit I burned out for a couple of minutes. Funny enough, that also helped because while trying to put my thoughts in to words I realised that I need to stick around and see what the roadmap for this component is like.

pinochico

I've written it here before, and who knows how JoomlaDay was in Prague knows.

We had similar feelings that VirtuMart (although a great tool) is developing chaotically in our company EasySoftware. That is why at JoomlaDay in Prague in 2015, we offered Max to take over the development as the main developer for Max and give VirtuMart the right direction of development. Not according to what the programmers and the VM DEV team come up with for the chat, but according to the real needs of the end customers and the current development of ecommerce, as we know them from the reactions of customers.
It is necessary to realize that the ecommerce market in the Czech Republic is 10 times more demanding than elsewhere in the world - everyone wants abnormally sophisticated functions for a simple e-shop and only VirtuMart was able to meet these needs (of course after program modifications).

EasySoftware was and is a company that dealt with the development of applications and ecommerce solutions, as well as the development of the EasyRedmine application (built on the world-famous Redmine).
At the same time, he has great experience in how to develop in a team, use weekly sprints, agile development, simply everything a good software company with 50 employees has to do for application development.

Unfortunately, this offer was not accepted by Max.
I do not mind.
Only time has shown that this idea was correct, as EasyRedmine currently generates value in many hundreds of thousands of Euros each month, VirtueMart goes its own way and the number of people interested in ecommerce solutions for Joomla is declining every year (everyone prefers to reach for Woo Commerce - where was Woo Commmerce in 2015 ???)

Despite this fact, we continue with the former CEO of EasySoftware to continue developing ecommerce solutions based on VirtueMart, and we continue to use our core VirtueMart applications, which correct or supplement the inaccuracies of the entire VirtuMart.
We still trust VirtueMart, but we use our (about 100 applications), which improve the final version of the e-shop as needed by the customer (unfortunately, we do not offer all applications on our portal for purchase)

I am afraid the situation will not improve. Even if someone offers to help.
Only if the development was taken over by a really strong software company with a large development background led by a CEO with a vision ahead (ala Steve Jobs).
We have it and we are happy for it, but we no longer want to take over the development of VirtueMart, we just need to develop our e-shops and watch where VirtueMart is moving.
If it does not move in the right direction (in conjunction with Joomla), we will eventually close the entire minijoomla.org and switch to another, closed platform that has everything programmed according to the latest ecommerce requirements.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

GJC Web Design

my only point was...

create folder templates/your_template/html/com_virtuemart/invoices
copy file components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl\mail_html_shopper.php to it
comment out unwanted table cells lines

took longer to type than to do

so why do u need €149 plugin + Yoo's already expensive template? Why aren't Yoo's template over rides in the standard Joomla path?
Why do they create un-necessary complication by creating their own half arsed system different from everybody else's??

@ zheekan - Have u ever tried a simple quality template like Olympian's that hasn't got a single library or plugin in the whole shebang?
And allows you to make simple changes and edits without 15 posts to a forum and yet more crap to install in your site?
And no doubt within a few months Yoo will be telling you to up date your template for the latest changes which will mean renewing your subscriptions... 

I have been using my basic white label template to build all my customers sites for at least 6 years and it hasn't required a single "update" in that time .. it never breaks  .. because there is nothing to break.
Any additions and requirements are simple to implement because I keep it simple....

This attitude of lets install yet something else to do a job that can be achieved in a few moments in NotePad just leads to complex, difficult to maintain and in constant need of updates sites.

I know Yoo's products very well .. along with most of the other major template builders .. because people come to me on a regular basis to have changes made because they can't even begin to work out WTF something is in "the framework" etc

My basic point is VM templating system is simple and follows Joomla practice ... why not learn it a cut out the middle man?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

zheekan

@GJC

I understand what you're saying. Believe me, I was often angry with myself for not taking the time and learning everything that was needed to be completely self sufficient in this business. But that's the catch, you need time for that, and that is something I don't have in abundance.
I'm a one man band, and I ended up in the web business by first being a graphic designer and someone who gives a lot of thought to the marketing aspect of the end product. If I should go and try to define myself as accurately as possible, I think I would say that I'm a person that sits down with a client, listens to what they're trying to sell and then tries to create a website that showcases those products/services to the target audience as good as possible. I give much thought to finding the best way to communicate brand values to the end customer.
For me, the best possible way for a person/company to present itself online is through a website that has the required functionality, up-to-date design and is as user friendly as possible.
By creating a website that lacks any of those three you create a problem because what we both do is create something that is there to help our clients advance their business, rihgt?
So, to be able to create something like that by myself I use a set of tools that enable me to cover all those aspects as professionally as possible. Also, those tools have to be reliable, the additional load they add to the websites speed has to be justified, and they have to do what they say they do. As long as this criteria is met, and the cost of the tool isn't unreasonably high, I'm going to use it.

In a perfect world every company would be able to hire a team of professionals to cover the development/design/marketing aspects of doing business, but I don't live in that world. Where I live, there is a lot of small companies, often also one man bands that struggle to make it to the next level where they can maybe hire an employee or earn enough to invest and possibly grow. Companies like that need guys like me, because they can't afford to pay a team of people to do the job. Let's call it a niche.

So I think it all boils down to one thing: how much value are you capable of delivering for a set ammount of money and time. And if that is the game we play, then we have to be creative in solving the issues that present themselves on the road forward.
I have chosen Virtuemart over other Joomla shop solutions because I saw that it has a big community arround it, and that usually means it's a strong product with the ability to solve problems. Nobody gains anything if we start explaining to each other why you, me or someone else has it completely wrong. We're at the point of where we are, and we can either help each other or not, it's that simple  ;D

GJC Web Design

@ zheekan -- all your points understood and taken on board and I am not criticising you ..

My criticism is aimed at companies like Yoo who make very professional looking and functional but vastly over complicated templates.

I know their code and I can only conclude they code like this to protect their product -- i.e. to make it very difficult to introduce changes etc.

Why bury template files in obscure paths multiple layers deep when all they need to do is put them in the conventional path?
Why does their latest Yoo Theme template come in at 27.8MB + Yoo plugins and libraries @ 9.3MB  + another  2MB for com_vmuikitx and plugins ???  39MB!!!  come on...
This is pure bloat.... 

My template for e.g. https://www.escape-watersports.co.uk/ comes in at 4.66MB of which 1.77MB is fonts

A huge percentage of problems on this forum come from people using overly complex templates and then when they couple it with a quickstart install they are on the road to misery...
And who do they blame?  VM...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

zheekan

Yeah, I can understand that.
But I think it will stay like that until Vm creates a UI that is out of the box better than what you can get with templates that have additional Vm functionality, even though they're bloated.
Eventually it will sort itself out as everything does, but we're here now :D

I've fond the topic wich is really interested on this link, maybe we can continue there?
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=146005.0