News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Pending payment

Started by davix10, April 08, 2021, 12:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davix10

Hi,
I do not understand why the order paid via paypal has been pending for two weeks even if the payment has been successful.
I always have IPN verification turned off, what could have happened? I didn't make any changes and overnight it didn't work anymore.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Virtuemart 3.6.10

pinochico

only right setup paypal IPN and make on, nothing more
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

davix10

Should I activate the IPN? For now it is disabled on both joomla and paypal. On my website I had disabled it because I use a CDN.
The strange thing is that it worked for 2 years like this without ever giving any problems

pinochico

in forum I saw some info about paypal IPN change IP adress - maybe this problem - change function from Paypal?
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Jörgen

It is correct that PayPal is changing there IP adresses for the IPN communication. But if You say that Your IPN is unused then I do not see why it does not work for You.
Maybe PayPal has done other changes that gives trouble. Please check with PayPal,
Maybe you have upadated PHP and this gives problems ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

davix10

I haven't done any PHP updates and my IPN is disabled, how can I fix this?

Jörgen

Quite frankly, this is how it works.

Since You have not changed anything, then the problem lies some other place, I would say Paypal, browser behaviour etc

Saved code does not suddenly change behaviour without reason.

Since I am out of ideas, have You checked agains any unwanted changes, serverupdates, hacked site?

VM 3.6.10 is over one year old, maybe consider testing an update of a backup site ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

davix10

I don't seem to have made any other changes since i have this problem, now i will try to update the version of VirtueMart

Jörgen

Please do a backup first :) Or use a test server.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

AH

QuoteThe strange thing is that it worked for 2 years like this without ever giving any problems

Do all IPNs fail to get to you

If you use CDN then talk to your CDN provider that might be the real issue here - do they filter IP's etc
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

davix10

Quote from: AH on April 09, 2021, 10:04:19 AM
QuoteThe strange thing is that it worked for 2 years like this without ever giving any problems

Do all IPNs fail to get to you

If you use CDN then talk to your CDN provider that might be the real issue here - do they filter IP's etc

but even if the IPN is disabled?

AH

Yes - because it may be that the message does not get to VM if the CDN is interfering
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

davix10

Quote from: AH on April 09, 2021, 12:47:54 PM
Yes - because it may be that the message does not get to VM if the CDN is interfering

I contacted CDN support and they told me they haven't made any changes and everything works fine

davix10

I updated to the latest version of VirtueMart but I still have the same problem but I have a doubt about this setting which is set to "YES", is this correct?

Change order status when IPN 'payment_status' is None of the above -> YES

AH

Changing that setting is only for catching IPN messages that are unexpected and not one of the above.  As the messages should be a standard success - this setting has no impact
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0