News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Email field is not required but ...

Started by Iryn3l, April 08, 2021, 12:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iryn3l

Hello
For some reason many of my clients do not have e-mail and I would like to leave a part in the site where they can register without e-mail, I do not make it necessary e-mail but upon registration I receive a message  "include the @ sign"

---
Joomla! 3.9.20
VirtueMart 3.8.4 10335
Php 7.3

Jumbo!

Joomla! user registration system will never work without a valid email address. Email address has to be a mandatory field for registration.

Iryn3l

pinochico

Unregistered client have to insert email too - Where will the shop send an order confirmation? - by post to the address? It kind of doesn't make sense, does it?

Why do you trust customers? I have experience that they are not telling the truth and trying to deceive the administrators (and they are not only customers from the Czech Republic, but also Germany, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Russia, Ukraine, France, Italy, ...) I am often disgusted with them
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Iryn3l

Good answer, you're mostly right. I don't trust them, but I certainly have elderly people who don't even have smartphones. In addition, I can tell you that I have 30% of clients who have e-mail but do not know their e-mail address. There are certainly many who do not even check their e-mail.
I try to avoid taking over the phone orders as much as possible and I am looking for solutions for gradual notification by phone message.
I also send the invoices physically.
Thank you for your answer