News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

My thumbnails don't generate on their own since upgrading to PHP 7.3

Started by Ed Kiefer, April 06, 2021, 18:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Kiefer

I'm running into this problem also. My thumbnails don't generate on their own. I have to upload them manually. I just upgraded from PHP 7.2 to 7.3 and now I'm receiving this error. I can still add photos to the product, but it doesn't generate a thumbnail.
QuoteWarning: Use of undefined constant IMG_GIF - assumed 'IMG_GIF' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/luxefi5/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/mediahandler.php on line 437

Warning: Use of undefined constant IMG_JPG - assumed 'IMG_JPG' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/luxefi5/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/mediahandler.php on line 438

Warning: Use of undefined constant IMG_PNG - assumed 'IMG_PNG' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/luxefi5/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/mediahandler.php on line 439

Warning: Use of undefined constant IMG_WBMP - assumed 'IMG_WBMP' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/luxefi5/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/mediahandler.php on line 440

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Ed Kiefer

This is the only issue I've had with PHP 7.3. Other than this my site runs great.

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

PRO

is the gd library enabled?

I believe it still uses it.

Usually you have to configure each php version on server

Ed Kiefer

VirtueMart 3.8.8
I just got with my host and they enabled the GD library. The errors are gone but the thumbnails still don't generate on their own.

pinochico

after enable you try vm tools for creating thumbs for existing images - tools you can use after setup in configuration
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

PRO

dynamic thumbs turned on?

they are generated when you view the frontend