Checkout page / Cart page SEF URL problems

Started by Genius WebDesign, January 21, 2015, 21:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebojsa

I am sorry for waking up old ghosts here but I have the same cart problem and none of the above solutions doesn't work for me.
After so many years I thought problems would been solved but this is not the case.

I have multilanguage site and I have SEF cart problem which cannot be solved.
In my template I have a mod_virtuemart_cart override with JS and AJAX update.
When I click "show cart" in JS it takes me to: mywebsite.com/sr/cart instead of mywebsite.com/sr/korpa

I tried so far:
- Creating hidden menu for Virtuemart cart for both languages
- Creating visible menu for Virtuemart cart for both languages
- Disabling SEF for cart
- Overriding mod_virtuemart_cart with default file
- Overriding templates/html/com_virtuemart/cart with default files
- Changing language definition for "cart" in my language tag

Nothing works. No matter what I do I always get /cart instad of /korpa URL, thus creating problems with my module positions.
You can check my testing website at gravexcp.mycpanel.rs

Joomla: 3.9.20
VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

nebojsa

How do you mean search the router? I have looked under the CASE CART but I didn't find anything unusual over there.

pinochico

XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

nebojsa

Yes I know what it is but I don't know what you mean when you say search. I also don't know what should I search for. Everything inside router.php seems normal to me.

nebojsa

This cart problem is becoming frustrating to me.
PHP debug reports wrong item id at router.php at line 983.
This message is also showing on categories menu.
I am starting to doubt that something is wrong with latest VM release.

nebojsa

pinochico

Do you have hidden menu for virtuemart shop?

nebojsa

Yes of course. I tried hidden menu, public menu, everything.
Setting up "Transliterate strings" under SEO settings helped with cart but I am still seeing many php itemid error messages for categories menu (when I click show cart).
Let's face it: VM handles multilanguage sites very badly.

GJC Web Design

QuoteLet's face it: VM handles multilanguage sites very badly.

Hardly ..  you have found one minor glitch ...  as u have already over ridden the cart module in the interim simply detect the lang in the over ride and have a fixed lang dependent link to cart..
then contribute to the FREE project by debugging what is going wrong in this particular scenario 
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pinochico

QuoteVM handles multilanguage sites very badly

Yes, in our company we know more then 8 years :)
I think in router are still constant from PSSHOP (first standalone app before changed to VirtueMart - Joomla app.)

But for multilanguage shop we use SEF app, then this error is not critical and we don't find solutions.

nebojsa

QuoteHardly ..  you have found one minor glitch ...  as u have already over ridden the cart module in the interim simply detect the lang in the over ride and have a fixed lang dependent link to cart..
then contribute to the FREE project by debugging what is going wrong in this particular scenario

There is no lang routine in the cart module.

The problem is coming from router.php at line 983:
if(self::$_instance->slang != VmLanguage::$currLangTag or (self::$_instance->byMenu and $query['Itemid']!=self::$_instance->Itemid))

I am not an expert for this. You guys are more experienced than me and I would appreciate any help.

jjk

At present I don't see a javascript error. But perhaps examine the difference in your cart url:
https://gravexcp.mycpanel.rs/sr/component/virtuemart/korpa?Itemid=499
https://gravexcp.mycpanel.rs/en/products-services/cart

If I'm not mistaken, you have a (hidden?) menu item 'cart' in one of your English menus, but not in your Serbian menu.  Do you have the id 499 in your menu list?
And don't forget to clear the Joomla and VirtueMart cache after making changes in the menus.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

nebojsa

Thanks for your reply jjk.
I have "cart" for English menu and "korpa" for Serbian menu. Should I have "cart" for both menus?
Those differences in url that you saw are part of the router problem.
Sometimes it routes in one way and sometimes it routes in another way - depending on where you call the cart from.
There is definitely something wrong with the Multilanguage routing.
As for Itemid=499, I can't find it. How did you managed to get that itemid?