News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

pdf file to automatically open

Started by gpessoa, March 12, 2021, 15:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpessoa

Hi ppl,
Is there a possibility to use a pdf file to automatically open in a product description?
Thanks in advanced
J 3.10.5; VM 3.4.2; PHP 7.2.34

pinochico

find on google how put pdf file link with automatically open it after click
I remmeber - I needed before 4 years and find this info, but not in my head now :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

gpessoa

Quotefind on google how put pdf file link with automatically open it after click

After click I know how to do that!
What I mean is when you go to product description, you see the pdf already open (no need to clik)
J 3.10.5; VM 3.4.2; PHP 7.2.34

pinochico

Never time I don't needed it, because I don't want automatically show opened example 10 MB pdf file on phone, I miss the point why I should intentionally slow down the e-shop.

Try to convince me :)
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

GJC Web Design

doubt it is even possible .. just take a screenshot of it and show an image
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

pinochico

Quotejust take a screenshot of it and show an image

this is the best praxis, I know, but I think we don't talk about this, isn't it?
Or maybe yes :)

anthony

Force feeding your customers PDF files is an excellent way to enrage them. Best to allow them to choose to open, or not.

PDFs are a curse and must be burned with fire, but they hold some kind of magical spell over certain business owners and executives, who seem to love them with a passion.
The greater our mastery over language, the sharper the tools with which to dissect reality.