Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Categories don't work

Started by Ceesdu, March 09, 2021, 08:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceesdu

Hi,
I have created a new site in XAMPP version Windows-x64-8.0.0-3-VS16
Joomla version 3.9.25. Template-JA-Megastore, VM 3.8.
During a final check before I wanted to upload it to my site, I see that the categories are not working. I get the message that the URL cannot be found 404. This for all categories. It is also not possible to create a new category. What did I do wrong.
Kind regards Cees Duijndam

Jörgen

Forgot to assign top level category to a joomla menu item ?
Buggy SEF handler, hard to know?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Ceesdu

Thank you for your respons top level category was assigned, and all had worked fine. Than it was over I don't know why, everyday i make beck-ups but i have only the three lasts and those are all the some with the category problem. Thank you Cees

jenkinhill

The 404 may be hiding a 500 error. Check your error logs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ceesdu

Thank you very much for your response, I have searched the whole site for "error.log" I cannot find it I find error.php, I reinstalled the template Ja-Megastore yesterday and also T3. Without result. I have an older backup installed in a different XAMPP on a different partition, everything works fine there. Is it possible to copy the products from the first site with the problem to the site that works? Kind regards Cees Duijndam

Ceesdu

The problem arises when "URL-REDIRECT" is enabled. I now know the cause but have no other solution than not enabling url redirect.
Thank you very much for your help Cees Duijndam Thailand

jenkinhill

Do you man "Use URL Rewriting". No point inserting up SEF while in localhost, set that up together with correctly edited .htaccess once the site is live.

Error log files in Joomla are error_log  - may be found in site root or in administrator/logs. VM error file x.com_virtuemart.log.php may be found also in administrator/logs
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum