News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Formatting Related Products

Started by NorthStreetGamesLibrary, February 23, 2021, 15:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthStreetGamesLibrary

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I have searched and failed to find an answer. (Actual numbered questions in bold below for clarity).

I am using:

Joomla! 3.9.24 Stable
VirtueMart 3.8.8 10472
PHP 7.3

I am looking to change/alter the format of the Related Products that show at the bottom of a given main product.

I am using the Related Products function that comes built in under Custom Fields. It shows the products I choose just fine.

I am using the basic configuration options in the "Additional Parameters" section at the bottom of Custom Fields -> Related Products.

The following options work and do what I expect: With 'Add to Cart' Button, Show Price, Show Product Image and Show Product Short Description

[Question 1] However, the Image Width and Image Height options don't seem to do anything (I'm just entering standard numbers). My thumbnails are quite large and other pages resize as applicable but the Related Products section shows them full size. Is there a different format to get them to work?

[Question 2] Additionally is there a way I can edit the formatting of this section? Currently it has the bold heading "Related Products" with an unwanted tooltip next to it. Is it hidden away in a file somewhere?

[Question 3] Are there any plugins / modules I can buy / install to make this look better?

Thanks,

Craig A
Website: North Street Games Library (https://northstreetgameslibrary.com/)

jenkinhill

You must enter the units for image width & height. eg 200px for 200 pixels (that works OK in current versions), or you can use CSS override to alter the displayed image size if you wish.

To change the layout of related products use a template override. The default layout template is components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/related.php

I have never seen a plugin for this, probably because the display is so easy to edit.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum