News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Checkout never goes to next state--> user/editaddresscartBT no payments done

Started by HarrisK, February 12, 2021, 22:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrisK

Greetings to all,

First time working with VM, and i have this problem. Kind of strange, because i have another test site with the same configuration and characteristics, and VM it's working.
I have a site with joomla 3.9.24, VM 3.8.8, and PHP 7.3.27. the url is https://bqc.gr/eshop

I have created a menu item (hidden) VirtueMart » Category Layout with Top Level Category option. Created products, when it's time to checkout from cart never goes to next state--> user/editaddresscartBT.
Of course no options like Register And Checkout or Checkout as Guest exists, since it's not moving to this state.

Finally, if i keep pushing the button of checkout, it just redirects to main page. Even if i don't tick the Terms and conditions checkbox.
I've read a lot of posts from the forum with simillar or close matters like mine. I did try proposed solutions with the configuration e.t.c nothing worked for me. I have a feeling that something is missing, but i don't know what.

Any guidance to solve this out will be appreciated. :)

Thank's in advance
Harris

Jörgen

You are loading jquery no confict several times, I guess You have more jquery issues. I would start deactivating Your custom template and test with the vmbeez template.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

HarrisK

Dear Jorgen,

Thanks for the approach you gave me.
It loads noconflict 2 times, first from media/jui/js and the second from vm/assets. Deactivated first media/jui/js,  turned template to vmbeez, menu item as well, vm templates configuration also. Nothing happened, then deactivated the noconflict from vm both approaches gave console errors for:

1) md_stylechanger.js?42064ff45955fba0e7552884b1fb3ce9:8 Uncaught ReferenceError: Browser is not defined
    at md_stylechanger.js?42064ff45955fba0e7552884b1fb3ce9:8 which is from vmbeez

2) Uncaught ReferenceError: Joomla is not defined  at keepalive.js?42064ff45955fba0e7552884b1fb3ce9:1 which is from system

3) Uncaught ReferenceError: Joomla is not defined   at createElements (hide.js?42064ff45955fba0e7552884b1fb3ce9:262) which is from vmbeez

Turned back everything like it was before no console error for jQuery but problem still remains.

My guess also was that from jQuery the problem came but i can't figure it out.

Thanks again for your time.

Any other thoughts?

Jörgen

There are some settings under vm configuration -> templates that set how vm jquery is loaded, i do not use google jquery. Settings attached, these work for me but You may have to use other settings.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

Jörgen

I found this page that gives very good info about jquery conflicts, Take some time to check this out.

https://extensionsforjoomla.com/documentation/how-to-fix-javascript-jquery-conflicts-joomla

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

HarrisK

Dear Jorgen,

Thanks once more for your replies. I wiil do everything you are suggesting. But some of them i tried already, with no luck. I have a question because i will try something else.
If i re-install VM, logically it will override the previous installation, right? If so, then maybe there was an error which i missed before. So, if that's the case the new installation will be clean, with no products e.t.c correct?

Greetings
HarrisK

GJC Web Design

no.. if u reinstall all products, settings etc etc are still there

anyway .. I don't think it is any VM setting .. have u got Joomla user registration enabled?

you have two JS errors in the cart
+ jquery loading twice

try with the proper beez3 template .. get it working THEN look at your template
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

HarrisK

Dear GJC,

Thanks for your reply.
In my console doesnt show the error of fancybox. I tried with vmbeez, also with protostar plus, but no luck. Then i entered in the address bar the/eshop /user just to see if it can go to next state and it shows the user registration forms. When i entered eshop/user/editaddressBT it redirects to main page. Same in eshop/cart/orderdone.

In my template even in ingognito mode the only error it's from my functions.js file, which i already know. The strange think is that if i push the checkout button WITHOUT accepting the Terms of Service it procceds. No error message neither preventing it, and redirects to main page.

Joomla user registration is enabled.

Greetings
HarrisK

Jörgen

As we say. You have js issues. Please inactivate any kind of extension that uses jquery. Sometimes it is not enough to just use the beez3 template. But of coyrse this is part of the process. Just adding everything at once an trying to figure out where the issues are is almost impossible. One thing at a time until it breaks. If it breaks with a standrad Joomla install and NO other extensions, You have wrong settings or in worst case restrictions given by your host.

If you had actually checked the link I gave you I would not have to be telling you this .....

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

HarrisK

Dear Jorgen,
Of course i checked the link and saw the 2 ways of resolving issues with jQuery conflicts, and of course i don't ignore your help.

As you saw the site is live and i can't put it offline, right now. So i tried the minimal lets say ways, of finding out what the problem is or at least to have a clue about without having site offline or with major side effects.

I will try everything at night, and i will inform for the results.

Thanks again for your support.
HarrisK

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

HarrisK

Dear All,

I shorted things out.
Like i wrote in previous post « The strange think is that if i push the checkout button WITHOUT accepting the Terms of Service it proceeds. No error message neither preventing it, and redirects to main page.»

In my template there was no major errors from jQuery so i thought that wasn't the problem.  Then i remembered that, because i also use K2, i had in the past prevent the user and author url's from being indexed from SE's in .htaccess.

Had again a look and voila, yes that was it.
So just in case of someone has the same issue like me  the proper way to right this rule in .htaccess is RedirectMatch 301 /itemlist/user/, to avoid conflict with the VM's url path.

So far so good. In this point i would like to thank Jorgen and GJC :) :) for their effort and time to help me.
Maybe someday i will able to help you back 8).

Thanks again
HarrisK

Jörgen

This was kind of unsuspected, great that you found the issue. Htaccess is a powerful Tool
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x