News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Bug in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php always block=0

Started by Eddyzoe, January 27, 2021, 13:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddyzoe

Hi VM community!

Joomla 3.9.24 | Virtuemart 3.8.6

For a client we wanted the registration proces to be approved by administrator. In Joomla you have to set the right configuration in the user section.
This is what happens:
- Visitor registers and get the message to activate their email address.
- When activating / clicking on the link they get: 403 Verification code not found. Check if your account is already activated and try to log in.

The mail to administrator is not send and everybody is stuck here.
The reason this happenes is because Virtuemart "enables" the user in Joomla by setting "block" 0 in user table in database.
This happens in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php around line 750 in public function store(&$data).

$user->set('block', '0');

This has to be according to the settings in Joomla, when I customize my code with:

$user->set('block', '1');

everything is working for my client. But in the next release we have to do it again...

Hope I helped to make the great product even greater!!!

Eddy

https://www.webdelta.nl/websites-webshops/webshops/webshop-design-en-bouw-in-virtuemart

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum