News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add to Cart not functioning on Category Page

Started by fing086, January 25, 2021, 23:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fing086

Hi, Im using VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373 and Joomla 3.9.24.

When I try to 'add to cart' from the category page, nothing happens, no errors etc.
When I 'add to cart' from the products page, it works fine with no issues.

The site is www.lasercraftandcommercial.com

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated, I have searched the forums but can't find a suitable solution that works for me.

pinochico

QuoteWhen I try to 'add to cart' from the category page, nothing happens, no errors etc.

Sure?
Try again pls, I see JS error :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

fing086

Im not seeing any error at all, im using Safari and Chrome?

If you are seeing an error then that's better than I'm getting, could you tell me what the error is and how to fix it?
Thanks

pinochico

QuoteIm not seeing any error at all, im using Safari and Chrome?
I use safari and chrome too on my macbook pro.

and see this error:

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'jQuery.fancybox.showActivity')
   (anonymous function) (vmprices.js:95)
   (anonymous function) (vmprices.js:83)
   (anonymous function) (vmprices.js:223)
   dispatch (jquery.min.js:2:44210)
   (anonymous function) (jquery.min.js:2:40946)

the problem is then fancybox is not defined if you loaded jquery. I don't know fix exactly now - I would have to do the analysis and devote more time to it , but I think the problem is

conflict between template and a lot of uncompatible extensions together.
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pinochico

Yes, you don't load fancybox JS on category page.

On my demo page (basic instalation VM3.8.6) the fancybox is loaded on category page correctly:
https://email.minijoomla.org/shop

Are you setup VM corectly (loadsome JS)?

fing086

Hi, thanks for the replies.
The template I am using is a third party 'Virtuemart template' in that it came with Virtuemart pre installed inside the template.
I'm only using a few other components (K2, Ignite Gallery Akeeba) on the site so its quite a small installation.

Where would I look to enable FancyBox within the category layout, I can see that it is ticked for products and these are indeed working fine.
Its just the category buttons which are not functioning.

Thanks again

fing086

Also (not sure if related) Ive just noticed that there is no 'add to art' button on the product pages at all when viewing on a mobile device (iPhone)??
The category buttons are there but again these dont work..

D

GJC Web Design

the first thing is to switch to a standard Beez or protostar and get your configs working correctly

http://www.lasercraftandcommercial.com/index.php/online-store?tmpl=protostar

you can see u immediately have problems -- fancy box is still not loading  it has been said a 100 times on here .. don't use pre-installed or all in one installs
you will spend more time debugging than if u had installed a clean install and then added the template

switch off any system plugins associated with the template/framework

then when u switch to your template and it doesn't work contact your template provider
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

fing086

Ok cheers for that... ill get them to sort it out if its an issue with that type of site.
I think I'll keep clear of the All in one type of template in the future !