News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paiment method ordering is not working anymore in Virtuemart 3.8.6

Started by Studio 42, January 24, 2021, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

Hi,
I had a report from a customer about payment ordering.
I tested with Virtuemart 3.8.4 in another shop and it work right.
I updated to 3.8.6 and i cannot reorder the payments

sirius

J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

AH

What are you confirming/reporting??

Please be more specific.

just looked at an older installation of 3.8.4 and ordering by payment method is working and is configured from within the method itself
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

QuoteWhat are you confirming/reporting??

I confirm too. And what?

In VM 3.8.6 does not work reorder payment method in administration => after reorder (put number of order to every payment method) I see on cart payment method with wrong order - see in attachment or try on demo site - https://email.minijoomla.org:

In admin:
Bank transfer - Order number == 1
Credit Card - Order Number == 2

I cart:
Bank transfer - Order number == 2
Credit Card - Order Number == 1

Google Translate :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

AH

Pinochio and the other posters here - I think there is a confusion as to how list order functions

It works for methods of the same plugin type and not across plugins - it renders the methods by plugin one at a time - using the list order for the methods of that specific plugin.

If you have multiple plugins (Pinochio you do - they are not the same plugin type (gopay and standard)) then you may see why you think you have an issue.

I just tested on my local sites 3.8.8 and see no issue based on expected behaviour of multiple payment plugins and list order.

Please read:-

"https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/shop-menu/payment-method-list.html"

Specifically:-
List order

The sequence in which this Payment method will appear in the cart.

If you have multiple payment plugins the list order only function for methods of the same plugin. Note: For multiple plugins the order is: Joomla payment plugin sequence - > plugin method list order
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

QuoteJoomla payment plugin sequence - > plugin method list order

Ok
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

AH,
I order the payments using Joomla + Virtuemart.
I simply updated from 3.8.4 to 3.8.6 without changing any settings and the order is wrong !
So it's a bug only  since virtuemart 3.8.6

AH

I have tested using settings shown above and see no bug in 3.8.8
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

I get too involved in the discussions and then be accused of writing something different in English than I think in Czech,
but I thought we were solving the problem in version 3.8.6 and not version 3.8.8.

3.8.6 == still the last valid version (version 3.8.7 is, according to my information, only a debug version).

Where is version 3.8.8 for the normal user?

Or like that in version 3.8.8, which does not exist for download, this behavior is not, so it is not a bug?

I'm confused and I don't understand :(

AH

Have you checked the behaviour in 3.8.6 pinochio??

I just downloaded and tested and all works as expected. VirtueMart 3.8.6 10373

Based on your configuration and my response to your original post
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

Yes, I have checked VM 3.8.6 (because on this version we creating new demo in this time for app VirtueMart Mailing Manager) and you have right (Máte pravdu).
There is no reason to protest further :)

So maybe Patrick is right too and then it would be that in version 3.8.6 the code has changed to the core and the original functionality from version 3.8.4 no longer works.

I don't want to defend or defend anyone unless I have the same mistakes and results, but I have to think that if what Patrick writes is true, it makes sense to me that it could be so and then the note about version 3.8.8 is really unrelated - version it can easily be different, but
- this version is not yet available
- end user works  with version 3.8.6 after upgrade

Then my last post is only about info for 3.8.8 - is confusing / unrelated, so I don't understand it (je matoucí/nesouvisející a proto ji nerozumím)

Back to right problem from Patrick (is it right?):
After upgrade from 3.8.4 to 3.8.6 the behavior of payment plugins has changed.

For me. I know now, that I must use sorting in Joomla plugins, for Patrick I don't know which is finally result :)

sirius

Quote from: pinochico on January 26, 2021, 20:57:19 PM
For me. I know now, that I must use sorting in Joomla plugins, for Patrick I don't know which is finally result :)
Ok, I confirm that, it works like pinochico said.

A small indication would be welcome on the page of the list of payment methods, so that the user does not confuse the order of priority within the same plug-in with the order of display of the payment methods in the cart.
Same behaviour I suppose for the vmshipment type plug-ins
just a suggestion

This apart, it would have been nice to change payment order by drag&drop as we do on product list. (same for delivery methods)
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777

AH

Thanks for the feedback not sure what the situation is now - I see no bug and simple configuration works as expected - no idea what is happening with the version upgrade

This is the behaviour for the rendering of payment and shipment plugins and methods based on such plugins

List order

The sequence in which this Payment/Shipment method will appear in the cart.

If you have multiple payment plugins the list order only function for methods of the same plugin. Note: For multiple plugins the order is: Joomla payment plugin sequence - > plugin method list order

If the methods for the same plugin have the same list order - they will be renedered by lowest to highest id

Regarding drag and drop - That seems like a lot of effort for something that changes very little once configured but even then - users will still need to understand that the list order is by plugin -> plugin method
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

Ha, i order in all Vm shop using Joomla, because it was never working another way !
This bug is since update to Vm 3.8.6 in any shop i tested.
I can send you screenshots, but it not change the problem.
I check what the developer modified, but i'm sure at 100% that this is in the new release only, because i have same behavior in all shops i have update to 3.8.6 and it was working perfectly with Vm 3.8.4 or 3.6.0 !