News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Quantity control displayed twice

Started by dionee, January 22, 2021, 10:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dionee

Hello

I use Joomla 3.9 et VM 3.8
When I display the possibility for user to choose the quantity of the product. This is done by cliquing on arrow up and arrow down.
These arrows are display, in fact, the same image : quantity-controls.png.

Seems the CSS is maangagin the display to get either hte arrow up or arrow down.

Problem : I don' succeed to get this and I only get the entire image : arrows up and down on the same ligne and on bottom and top. Can you help for this  ?

(I haven't modified the code, CSS or anything else. How this issue can happened ? )

dionee

Ok, I've just found that it was a template issue.
I've replaced my templated bought by Protostar. JS_recalculate works now correctly and the display is correct.

However, I would like to know more about this issue. Why Protostar works and not mine ? If I want to use mine, where I have to make change ?

Thanks a lot

jenkinhill

When you change to Protostar you are using the default VirtueMart templates and the default VM CSS. Your purchased template uses overrides for VM templating and its own CSS.

The default template for the quantity-controls is  /components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/addtocartbar.php  for which you probably have an override in templates/[yourJoomlatemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/

I suspect that all you need to do is to tweak your template CSS, use your browser developer tools to explore this.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dionee

Thanks for these exaplanations. I will test it but in my purchased template, there is no com_virtuemart directory

Jörgen

Then You should look out for the template specific CSS that interferes with the buttons in this particular view. Use Your browsers debug options F12 starts this in FireFox.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

If the directory templates/[yourJoomlatemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/  does not exist then it is possible that only CSS overrides are being used so use developer tools to explore - but I find that unlikely.

It is not possible to be sure what is going on, a live site URL may possibly help.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dionee

Thanks
Here the url : lm38.fr

You must first create your user to go in shop

dionee

In fact, code was stocked in template.css by removing padding