News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

SOLVED Low stock notification email - stock quantity wrong

Started by lostmail, January 18, 2021, 14:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostmail

Sample:
I have 10 in stock
Low stock is set at 3

Order is 8 pcs.

Admin gets an email notification that there are 10 in stock...

Something`s wrong here...should be 2 pcs. remaining - not 10.
10-8 = 2
Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

Jörgen

Check without overrides, could be an template issue. Not calculating with reserved. I guess the stock of 8 is still reserved, yes ?

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Surely stock total is not reduced until the products are shipped.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lostmail

Hm would it not make sense to have the left over products calculated after the order is placed ? So it`s irritating if there is the stock amoung without the open orders...

pinochico

QuoteSo it`s irritating if there is the stock amoung without the open orders...

is not, it is exactly what we require from the e-shop.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

lostmail

HM I think it is....normally the availibility for disposition is calculated with open orders to decide if it is urgent or not to re-order....only for inventory you need the current stock status but for on going disposition you need to know what the availibilty.
thats the different between stock status and availibility.....every ERP availibilty is working with open/pending oders included (Disposition).
And at last it`s the first information you get from the system where you can see what the availibility is - not the stock status before the (last) orders..

Or do you see open orders not relevant for stock status and cancel them ?

pinochico

We are tailoring the bridge between VM and ERP.

If there are 10 items in stock and 8 items in reservations, you actually have
- 10 boxes in stock
- in stock 8 pcs out of 10 pcs are packed and reserved for customers = no one can order them until the ordering process is completed
- in stock you have 2 pcs of 10 pcs free to order

This is the correct functionality of the eshop and the VM surprisingly adheres to it.

Even for ERP (warehouse) it is right, because if the control comes from the tax office, you still have the right number of pieces in stock - 10 pieces == you have 10 pieces in stock and therefore in the cost of the company.

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve - it seems to me that you want only 2 pieces in stock?

But that contradicts the laws of nature - I still have 10 pieces of goods on the shelf in the warehouse - they are not lost anywhere, no one took them.

Sorry - Google Translate :)
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

lostmail

It`s all OK but not the "low stock email notification" when the low stock minimum is reached.

I have 10 in stock.
Low stock is set to 3

Now comes an order with 8 pcs.

In that moment I receive the los stock email notification that 10 pcs. are in stock.....this is true; temporarily but the AVAILABILITY is relevant here....it`s now 10-8 = 2

So the Email is irritating because it tells the stock status (10 pcs.) before the order (8 pcs.) comes in which activates the low stock email notification.

lostmail

Quote from: pinochico on January 19, 2021, 09:48:24 AM
We are tailoring the bridge between VM and ERP.

If there are 10 items in stock and 8 items in reservations, you actually have
- 10 boxes in stock
- in stock 8 pcs out of 10 pcs are packed and reserved for customers = no one can order them until the ordering process is completed
- in stock you have 2 pcs of 10 pcs free to order

That is correct.
But what should it be good for taht the low stock email notification tell that there are 10 pcs. in STOCK....?
It would make sense that there ae currently 2 pcs. AVAILABLE....

Jörgen

Is this one order of 8 that is shipped or is another order involved ? The email informes that the order quantity in stock is under 3 but You have an extra order that reserves another 8  that have not been removed from stock yet ?

If You had only one order you would have gotten the message that there are 2 in stock after shipment.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

lostmail

Yes - I placed one order about 8 pcs. in test system to check what happens with the low stock email notification.

As you mentioned the message should be:

"there are 2 in stock after shipment."  :D

But in the sent email message you see, that not the available pcs. AFTER shipment but the stock pcs. BEFORE the order  is shipped.

Jörgen

This is not happening in my store I get the stock e-mail after shipment and with two in stock not ten as You mention. Are all Your order statuses correct ? I guess you have "is removed" chosen to early in You work flow. It should only be chosen for "shipped", "delivered" or similar statuses.

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

lostmail

Hm - is there a point in configuration to set the status when low stock mail should be sent ?

Jörgen

As i said in My earlier post "is removed' should only be assigned to order status, shipped, delivered or similar. Depends om your workflow. I.e when products have been taken out from stock.
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

lostmail

Where is the order status set to initiate sending "the low stock notification" ?
I think it has to be "order completed"....but it seems my system is sending out it one step before...