How to add prices to product in multiple currencies to override conversion?

Started by stawebnice, January 12, 2021, 12:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stawebnice

Hi guys,

please has anyone solution to add prices to products in multiple currencies to avoid currency conversion?

I am trying this with Add price button but it does not save it right. It still prefers shop default currency, so when I have CZK and add price in EUR, it does this (see image)

They do not have system in prices that could use fixed EUR conversion rate, because every product has different price rounded to make it look nice...

In this example, the product should cost 35,59 EUR, but instead it shows 1,12 EUR on web...

GJC Web Design

pricesbyCurrency=1       //currency depended selected price; the selected currency determines the selected price of the product if availabe

have u set this in your config?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

stawebnice

Hi,

nope, thanks!

I have just added it to administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg

to the first part under ##shop settings
but it did not change anything (I went to product and then saved the new price in EUR again), but still base price was not calculated correctly

does this belong to a different part of config file or where could be a problem, please?

GJC Web Design

Quotedoes this belong to a different part of config file

can go anywhere ..  remember u must also save the VM config after adding it
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

stawebnice

I did go to VM config and save it in the administrator, and have seen the message

Oznámení
Loaded virtuemart default configuration from file virtuemart.cfg

but still the same issue... base price is calculated wrong when I save it and check calculate the cost price checkbox...

GJC Web Design

very strange  -- although I use country specific Vat rules on our multi-currency sites
GJC Web Design

stawebnice

I think I got there now = you have the same issue - the base price number is very different from what base price should look like in that selected currency, but overall it shows the sales price right on front-end, so it is just confusing, but it works :)

Thank you!

stawebnice

hmm, looking at it now again it, it does not work

it shows base price in the same amount as sales price with VAT
even when I select showing different prices (sales prices without VAT), it shows

could you show me how you enter the price in other currency to make it calculate the right price without VAT, please?
because I usually enter sales price, check the checkbox calculate cost price and save
that works for default shop currency

do you show both price with and without VAT on your eshop in your multicurrency eshop?

stawebnice

hmm, I think I figured it out... the process of adding price in different currency is slightly different - you need to enter baseprice in eur (price excl. VAT) then select VAT and just save...
and overlook the fact that the sales price will show in eshop currency and not new currency (e.g. EUR)

and then setup showing prices on prices configuration tab like this>

stawebnice

Hm, there actually is a significant issue that I have just noticed  - after adding the price in EUR it overrides the price in CZK:

so, it should be showing the price 890 Kč for CZK, but instead it is showing 932 which was calculated automatically after adding EUR

what to do now?

Milbo

The price is always shown in the shop currency. Just do not select the 21% rule.

So lets assume the setting is pricesbyCurrency=0, then it does not make sense to have prices in different currencies. This is for importers. For example a swizz shop buys in Dollar but sells most time to the EU, then he can use an own USD with fixed rate (when he bought it) and sell it with dynamic rate of CHF to EUR.

pricesbyCurrency=1 says, try to use the given currency, if not use the normal shop currency.

So back to the swizz shop (I wrote it actually for a swizz shop). The swizz shop added always two prices, one in CHF, one in EUR. The EUR price is always calculated the normal way. That means that you see the 29 euro recalculated back in Cz Krones. and the price is higher, because it looks like that you entered the EUR price as Brutto.
The swizz shop just wanted "nice prices" in both currencies (the 29,90 for example and not 29,87)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: GJC Web Design on January 12, 2021, 13:12:07 PM
pricesbyCurrency=1       //currency depended selected price; the selected currency determines the selected price of the product if availabe

have u set this in your config?

This is now a normal configuration setting in "Pricing".
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

stawebnice

OK - for those who do not understand - you do not need to change this in virtuemart.cfg file anymore, because it is available on Pricing tab of Virtuemart configuration

but Max, when do you think could you fix the bug with overriding the default currency price after setting new price in e.g. EUR, please?

pinochico

Petro,

should the eshop not have uniform prices == the price in Eur should be adequate in terms of CZK and if this is not contrary to any EU regulation == it is not possible to sell the same product in CZ for 10 EUR and in FR for 20 EUR in one eshop?
Or why is it necessary to create additional prices for the product in other currencies?
I think we would have a problem with that, for example, when connecting to Pohoda.

If you only need to display more prices for one product from one basic price at a time, then just edit the sublayout price.php template and leave one price in the administration.
If you need to change the price based on the defined country of the customer, this is done by the OPC or plugin based on the selected language.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

stawebnice

Rudo,

I told them about all options and consequences - including the legal ones (since I am a lawyer myself), they want it anyway...

VirtueMart has feature for that, Max and others already use it on other eshops... so this is not something to discuss, please...