News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Customers configuration, cannot be done from backend

Started by Kuubs, January 08, 2021, 15:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuubs

I have an annoying problem with customer creation in the backend. You have to make a user in the backend from Joomla, and then the customer becomes available in the customers tab in Virtuemart.

But the main issue is that you cannot configure the client without changing the Joomla account. Because for some strange reason it configures the account you want to make onto your own Joomla account. Is this something we can disable?

At the moment I need to use the frontend to fill in the customer details, can something be changed so I, the administrator, can do this all by myself via the backend?

Jörgen

I tried to create users in the backend years ago, with the result that Joomla simply didn´t set up all the parameters for the VM account. The customer id number was not filled in and I gave up on this. I now only create new custumer accounts through the front end.

Does Your admin have a blank customer id number perhaps ?

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

@ Huubs

the problem has been found ( admin user creds prefilled ) and will be fixed in VM3.8.8
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AH

I have created customers in admin for many years as part of b2b account process.

Add Joomla user save
Goto VM shopper, find new joomla user
Edit shopper details - to add address and assign shoppergroups if necessary

Works for years and now works in latest test version which required a small fix - 3.8.8.10385
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

QuoteAt the moment I need to use the frontend to fill in the customer details, can something be changed so I, the administrator, can do this all by myself via the backend?

We use plugin for editing user details on frontend - is better - you are in admin, click on button and voialá - now you on FE logged as client user and you can editing user detail or create order as client.

The plugin is:

Login as User
Web357 (Yiannis Christodoulou)

We use on a lot of shops for admin, because lot of orders our admin girls created as b2b clients - create account and next order as b2b client.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

AH

QuoteWe use plugin for editing user details on frontend - is better - you are in admin, click on button and voialá - now you on FE logged as client user and you can editing user detail or create order as client.

Allowing admin in FE to become a registered shopper is simple VM functionality - enables Logged in admin to act as Shopper - raise orders etc.

No plugins required - unless you have something very specific you need.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/configuration-menu/configuration.html#checkout

Set configuration - Allow Administrators to change the current Shopper

When you view the cart - you will be able to select from registered shopper list to raise orders on their behalf.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

QuoteAllowing admin in FE to become a registered shopper is simple VM functionality - enables Logged in admin to act as Shopper - raise orders etc.
No plugins required - unless you have something very specific you need.

to AH:
Yes, this option I know, but:

Create order as customer is one thing
Login as B2B user on FE and check all information in menu user, fill cookie as affiliate partner when ordering, looking custom module only for specific VirtueMart group on website (yes we use this module) etc etc  is second thing.

We need second thing, sorry, then our option is quickly and better for admin and help for this question, I am convinced that it is or?
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

AH

Business operators should be aware of the existing functionality before they jump to a plugin that may not be required.

Regarding your business needs for a plugin at a cursory level I see that VM caters for 2 of your three business cases -
Catered for by base VM admin become user
Login as B2B user on FE and check all information in menu user
looking custom module only for specific VirtueMart group on website (yes we use this module) etc etc  is second thing.

Very specific niche need -
fill cookie as affiliate partner when ordering,

Further in base VM
Shopper groups of the User and optionally the Admin are supported - when logged in as user
You can optionally "include" an Admins shoppergroups using simple configuration this will enable additional payment/shipment methods that are not available to the Customer when they login themselves

I have seen customers using this functionality very successfully for years.

So plugin might be of limited use BUT - VM natively supports a large range of business cases with no plugin at all.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

Kuubs

Quote from: GJC Web Design on January 08, 2021, 17:50:34 PM
@ Huubs

the problem has been found ( admin user creds prefilled ) and will be fixed in VM3.8.8

Thank you this is exactly what the issue was!